Register to Comment
Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree364Likes

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    I love the way the apologists here have no problem recognising the fictitious fabrication of other creation myths but are completely blind to the fraudulence of their own.
    Lol. Its a pleasure watching your head implode.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    Saltational events have never been observed by humans. Not even in the lab with bacteria, or arthropods like drosophilia.

I don't think you understand that there is a difference between micro and macro evolution, and its not just a matter of convention.
    Did you know that if you google "Saltational events have never been observed by humans.' you go straight to a book written by Bruce Bikel and Stan Yantz called Creation and evolution a guide to science and the bible, neither of the authors are scientists but have penned other great scientific manuals like " Unlocking the Mysteries of the End Times" (Christianity 101 Bible Studies) "Knowing Jesus" and "living in the power of the holy spirit".

Your a fraud Calc, you know nothing about the subject your arguing about and are just copy and pasting creationist psudo-science.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Redfellow View Post
    Great reminder.

The transcripts of Campbell/Moyers Youtube has several of the episodes.

Campbell acknowledged Frazer's The Golden Bough as his inspiration. Still worth the visit.
    I think I was quoting (no doubt a bit inaccurately) from Campbell's magnum opus, the 4-volume The Masks of God. A lot of populist nonsense has been derived from some of Campbell's work in recent years, but the original books - certainly Masks and The Hero With a Thousand Faces - still richly reward a read, I think.

#atheistgodsmatter

Did you know that if you google "Saltational events have never been observed by humans.' you go straight to a book written by Bruce Bikel and Stan Yantz called Creation and evolution a guide to science and the bible, neither of the authors are scientists but have penned other great scientific manuals like " Unlocking the Mysteries of the End Times" (Christianity 101 Bible Studies) "Knowing Jesus" and "living in the power of the holy spirit".

Your a fraud Calc, you know nothing about the subject your arguing about and are just copy and pasting creationist psudo-science.
    No, I didn't, but then I don't need google to do my thinking for me. You clearly do!

No, I didn't, but then I don't need google to do my thinking for me. You clearly do!
    Good, then you will have no problem giving us links to support the claims you made about anthrothingies and mollowhatsits.

Good, then you will have no problem giving us links to support the claims you made about anthrothingies and mollowhatsits.
    Arthropods.

You can google macro evolution, the fossil record and genetics yourself. But if you really want to learn something, you'll purchase a few books. I gave you the name of one earlier in the thread - Deep Time.

Be brave.

Saltational events have never been observed by humans. Not even in the lab with bacteria, or arthropods like drosophilia.

I don't think you understand that there is a difference between micro and macro evolution, and its not just a matter of convention.
    That's not strictly true. Horizontal gene transfer (HGT) can transfer very large mobile or enormous chunks of composite genomes between bacteria. There is certainly evidence of HGT between disease causing bacteria and plants (crown gall or canker) in trees, where chunks of bacterial DNA are wholly tranfered to plant tissues. There is evidence of a similar role in disease of mammals, albeit frequently transient - indeed there is even some evidence for the uptake of bacterial RNA from bacterial extracellular vesicles frequently shed by bacteria as they transit the gut, and it is thought likely this RNA may enter or be taken up by certain types of cancer tissue in the lower intestines and rectum. RNA being greatly less stable than DNA outside of the cell - these events are certainly saltational, but current hypotheses hold these event to be transient.

These events are certainly non-Darwinian in the accepted gradualist context of Darwinian evolution - and therefore best characterised as saltational. The issue, as ever with evolution, is the cost-benefit relationship of the newly acquired genetic competences. For example, the transfer of antibiotic resistance genes by HGT is beneficial to bacterial hosting these genes in the presence of the antibiotics against whom they confer resistance, thereby conferring an advantage on these bacteria. However, in the absence of these antibiotics, the bacteria that possess these genes may grow a great deal more slowly than competitor populations lacking these genes, thereby disadvantaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Don't speak about "fearless" when one of your fellow travelers uses the ignore button. Some "Soldier in Christ's Army" right there. One who pulls the pillow over his ears on an internet forum while the lord he purportedly adores was strung up on a cross until he drowned and bled to death.

Muscular Christianity isn't what it once was.

I'd hate if the coward Dungler saw this post.

Perhaps they don't engage with you as robustly as you might wish because your posts display more visceral hatred than intellectual rigour.

I'd say with a bit of creative interpretation you could probably find a recipe for spaghetti bolognese somewhere in the bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Hang the meat for a day. Marinade with vinegar. Pr1ck the skin until the juices run clear. Take the meat and...

Very scholarly, but it got the approval of the noddding -dog contingent

You only figuring that out now? I twigged that Calc was a Sailor-level mendacious liar and spoofer within a couple of days of the poltroon arriving and spamming God threads with his cut-n-paste disingenuous creationist horseshyte, it's why I simply refuse to engage the lowlife directly. Nothing good will ever come of engaging with that nutter.

Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment