Register to Comment
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    You only figuring that out now? I twigged that Calc was a Sailor-level mendacious liar and spoofer within a couple of days of the poltroon arriving and spamming God threads with his cut-n-paste disingenuous creationist horseshyte, it's why I simply refuse to engage the lowlife directly. Nothing good will ever come of engaging with that nutter.
    We all use google to find justification for our claims and it wasn't until Calc replied to one of my posts with this,

Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    No, I didn't, but then I don't need google to do my thinking for me. You clearly do!
    that I decided to find out where he was getting his "Science" from, and thats when I came across whole sites dedicated to picking holes in scientific theory that contradicted creationism.
    The most popular site seems to be Answers in Genesis, and not only does it list arguments against Evolution, geology and cosmology, it also lists arguments that should not be attempted, things like Noah and the flood, things that TFM would argue because and get this, it would make creationists look stupid

https://answersingenesis.org/
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    We all use google to find justification for our claims and it wasn't until Calc replied to one of my posts with this,

that I decided to find out where he was getting his "Science" from, and thats when I came across whole sites dedicated to picking holes in scientific theory that contradicted creationism.
    The most popular site seems to be Answers in Genesis, and not only does it list arguments against Evolution, geology and cosmology, it also lists arguments that should not be attempted, things like Noah and the flood, things that TFM would argue because and get this, it would make creationists look stupid

https://answersingenesis.org/
    You didn't decide to find out anything. You went to google and picked sites that confirmed your own prejudices.

You've never read one book on evolution, have you? Up until this week, macro evolution was something that occurred in the sci-fi/fantasy realm, wasn't it?

My 3 year old nephew has more scientific knowledge than you'll ever have (or some of the other numpties posing as intellectuals)!

You didn't decide to find out anything. You went to google and picked sites that confirmed your own prejudices.

You've never read one book on evolution, have you? Up until this week, macro evolution was something that occurred in the sci-fi/fantasy realm, wasn't it?

My 3 year old nephew has more scientific knowledge than you'll ever have (or some of the other numpties posing as intellectuals)!
    There's nothing to gain from trading insults with an idiot, life's too short, Kirk out.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    27% of scientists & 67% of the public agree there is a Supreme Being who guided Human Evolution

That is the outcome of a poll held according to the Amárach Research.

They found that:

73 per cent of scientists and 33 per cent of the public disagreed with the proposition that “humans evolved over time guided by a supreme being”.

Conversely so 27% of scientists & 67% of the public agree there is a Supreme Being who guided Human Evolution!

It was conducted with 1,000 adults and 238 scientists – based on a research format applied elsewhere by the non-partisan think tank the Pew Research Centre.

Science Foundation Ireland commissioned the research, coinciding with Science Week Ireland 2017, to measure and compare opinions of the general public and the science community in Ireland.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/scie...-god-1.3289351

TBH I though the numbers of scientists who believe in God would be a hell of a lot lower

Certainly in public life I doubt that many would put their nose over the parapet

Peer Group pressure?

But Good News all the same that a considerable number of Scientists do actually believe in God
    Irrelevant, because the dogs in the street would have said something to the same effect. They haven't; ergo facto there is no god.

Off topic but why do you use the calculus made easy handle?

Twitter
    @

Interesting to note the proliferation of mad OPs of late as the wingnut crew lose more and more debates in the public sphere.

Bearing in mind these are the kind of people who can make something absolutely true for themselves by just making an assertion.

I predict there will be an increasing flurry of such high white noise of nuttiness threads and in increasingly desperate fashion over the next year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Interesting to note the proliferation of mad OPs of late as the wingnut crew lose more and more debates in the public sphere.

Bearing in mind these are the kind of people who can make something absolutely true for themselves by just making an assertion.

I predict there will be an increasing flurry of such high white noise of nuttiness threads and in increasingly desperate fashion over the next year or so.
    A religion in its death throes, time to get the boot in.

A religion in its death throes, time to get the boot in.
    Arr, I'd let it die with some semblance of dignity. I'm a bit soft in that sense.

There's nothing to gain from trading insults with an idiot, life's too short, Kirk out.
    Point taken. I won't insult you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Arr, I'd let it die with some semblance of dignity. I'm a bit soft in that sense.
    You're a bit soft in every sense.

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment