Register to Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
Like Tree31Likes
  1. #21
    Trainwreck Trainwreck is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,279

    Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post
    I presume from your strong statement that you are in favour of abolishing it. Is that possible though? Who is engineering/promoting affirmative action in your view?
    Racism. Who is promoting racism
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    Schmetterling Schmetterling is online now

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    227

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallyshouldknowbetter View Post
    Is what for real? That a bearded non-op transsexual man who claims he is a woman is taking up a bed at a catholic women's shelter? Or that white people and Asians are discriminated against in college admissions?
    The bearded man identifying as a woman. Although I've just Googled him and I think he's more than likely a WUM with a message? Maybe?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    Half Nelson Half Nelson is offline
    Half Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19,615

    Is it affirmative-action or is it racism/sexism?

    A term referring to various policies that aim to increase the proportion of African-Americans, women, and other minorities in jobs and educational institutions...
    A term referring to various policies that aim to increase the proportion of Whites, men, and others in jobs and educational institutions....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    ireallyshouldknowbetter ireallyshouldknowbetter is offline
    ireallyshouldknowbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    9,764

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmetterling View Post
    The bearded man identifying as a woman. Although I've just Googled him and I think he's more than likely a WUM with a message? Maybe?
    I thought that at first, but if he is a troll, he is really, really good at it, because I've heard interviews with him and there's no hint of humour there.

    The thing is, he's not the only one. One of the directors of UK LGBTQIA+ advocacy group Stonewall is a bearded man who likes to wear dresses and insists that he is female. Canada has just passed legislation that makes it an offense to refer to a bearded man in a dress as 'he' if he insists he's a woman. (For that matter, if he prefers to be genderr-nonbinary, and wants you to use "Ze" or "zir" pronouns, that is now obligatory). Like Ireland, Canada takes the 'self declaration' position, so you, I or anyone else (WUM, pervert, or otherwise) can literally decide they are the opposite sex.

    If I want to be a female tomorrow, I can have my birth cert changed (not amended, mind, but actually changed, so that the permanent record now records that I was born a female), and my passport will be similarly amended. Speaking of our friend Danielle Muscato, he posted a proud pic on his Twitter feed of his new driving license with 'F' recorded under gender beneath a picture of him, facial hair and all.

    A couple of weeks ago, a man in the UK was tried for possession of animal pornography, and all of the reportage of it refered to him as a woman (no mention of his trans status, as the reporter said it would be potentially illegal to refer to his transgender status). It was only the picture beside the article that belied the fact that this was a man. In case you think I'm exaggerating for effect, here is one of several articles referring to him as a woman in the headline and throughout: Woman caught with 'extreme animal porn' celebrates after avoiding jail | Metro News

    And the man in question:


    Even Mumsnet were outraged with this PC extremism: https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_...orn-collection

    Sorry to go OT, but we're through the looking glass here.
    Last edited by ireallyshouldknowbetter; 11th August 2017 at 09:06 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    Schmetterling Schmetterling is online now

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    227

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallyshouldknowbetter View Post
    I thought that at first, but if he is a troll, he is really, really good at it, because I've heard interviews with him and there's no hint of humour there.

    The thing is, he's not the only one. One of the directors of UK LGBTQIA+ advocacy group Stonewall is a bearded man who likes to wear dresses and insists that he is female. Canada has just passed legislation that makes it an offense to refer to a bearded man in a dress as 'he' if he insists he's a woman. (For that matter, if he prefers to be genderr-nonbinary, and wants you to use "Ze" or "zir" pronouns, that is now obligatory). Like Ireland, Canada takes the 'self declaration' position, so you, I or anyone else (WUM, pervert, or otherwise) can literally decide they are the opposite sex.

    If I want to be a female tomorrow, I can have my birth cert changed (not amended, mind, but actually changed, so that the permanent record now records that I was born a female), and my passport will be similarly amended. Speaking of our friend Danielle Muscato, he posted a proud pic on his Twitter feed of his new driving license with 'F' recorded under gender beneath a picture of him, facial hair and all.

    A couple of weeks ago, a man in the UK was tried for possession of animal pornography, and all of the reportage of it refered to him as a woman (no mention of his trans status, as the reporter said it would be potentially illegal to refer to his transgender status). It was only the picture beside the article that belied the fact that this was a man. In case you think I'm exaggerating for effect, here is one of several articles referring to him as a woman in the headline and throughout: Woman caught with 'extreme animal porn' celebrates after avoiding jail | Metro News

    And the man in question:


    Even Mumsnet were outraged with this PC extremism: https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_...orn-collection

    Sorry to go OT, but we're through the looking glass here.
    Is this true? I'm a female, can I really decide tomorrow that I want to be male and have that officially recognized in Ireland? I have always thought of myself as left-wing and open-minded, but I don't know what either means anymore. Do I have to deny the evidence of my own eyes and of bioligical fact to be open minded? I saw a news item during the week where a transgender person (woman to man) had a baby and said in effect 'next time someone tells you a man can't have a baby tell them they are wrong!! Sorry, but if you were really a man you couldn't have a baby! I don't care how anyone lives their life, wear a dress and a beard if you want, have a baby and call yourself a man, that's fine by me but don't insist that your 'reality' is reality.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    Half Nelson Half Nelson is offline
    Half Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19,615

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallyshouldknowbetter View Post
    I thought that at first, but if he is a troll, he is really, really good at it, because I've heard interviews with him and there's no hint of humour there.

    The thing is, he's not the only one. One of the directors of UK LGBTQIA+ advocacy group Stonewall is a bearded man who likes to wear dresses and insists that he is female. Canada has just passed legislation that makes it an offense to refer to a bearded man in a dress as 'he' if he insists he's a woman. (For that matter, if he prefers to be genderr-nonbinary, and wants you to use "Ze" or "zir" pronouns, that is now obligatory). Like Ireland, Canada takes the 'self declaration' position, so you, I or anyone else (WUM, pervert, or otherwise) can literally decide they are the opposite sex.

    If I want to be a female tomorrow, I can have my birth cert changed (not amended, mind, but actually changed, so that the permanent record now records that I was born a female), and my passport will be similarly amended. Speaking of our friend Danielle Muscato, he posted a proud pic on his Twitter feed of his new driving license with 'F' recorded under gender beneath a picture of him, facial hair and all.

    A couple of weeks ago, a man in the UK was tried for possession of animal pornography, and all of the reportage of it refered to him as a woman (no mention of his trans status, as the reporter said it would be potentially illegal to refer to his transgender status). It was only the picture beside the article that belied the fact that this was a man. In case you think I'm exaggerating for effect, here is one of several articles referring to him as a woman in the headline and throughout: Woman caught with 'extreme animal porn' celebrates after avoiding jail | Metro News

    And the man in question:


    Even Mumsnet were outraged with this PC extremism: https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_...orn-collection

    Sorry to go OT, but we're through the looking glass here.
    Presumably, if convicted, he would go to the women's prison.

    Hmmmm...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    ireallyshouldknowbetter ireallyshouldknowbetter is offline
    ireallyshouldknowbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    9,764

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmetterling View Post
    Is this true? I'm a female, can I really decide tomorrow that I want to be male and have that officially recognized in Ireland?
    Yes, 100%. You don't have to make any effort to transition or anything. You simply fill out a form and they will alter the historical record to pretend you were born a boy.

    From Citizens Information's How to Change your Gender: Changing to your preferred gender

    Under the legislation there are 3 parts to the process of obtaining a new birth certificate which reflects your preferred gender.

    Apply for a gender recognition certificate which you can use as proof of gender or identity
    Apply to be registered in a register of gender recognition
    Apply for a certified copy of your entry in the register of gender recognition which will satisfy any requirement where you are asked to provide a birth certificate
    In other words, fill out a form to register your change of gender and then, presto, new birth cert and congratulations Mrs. Schmetterling, it's a boy. You thought it was a girl, but it was assigned the wrong gender at birth and we've fixed that now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmetterling View Post
    I have always thought of myself as left-wing and open-minded, but I don't know what either means anymore. Do I have to deny the evidence of my own eyes and of bioligical fact to be open minded? I saw a news item during the week where a transgender person (woman to man) had a baby and said in effect 'next time someone tells you a man can't have a baby tell them they are wrong!! Sorry, but if you were really a man you couldn't have a baby! I don't care how anyone lives their life, wear a dress and a beard if you want, have a baby and call yourself a man, that's fine by me but don't insist that your 'reality' is reality.
    The case you're referring to may be the Canadian woman with a beard and a baby, who succeeded in forcing the Canadian government to issue a 'gender non-binary' birth cert for her child, who she intends to raise in a genderless fashion.

    The point you make is a good one, and I think where the trans* (using trans* is an acceptable shorthand for gender non-binary and otherwise genderspecial individuals) activist movement is very different to the gay rights movement that it is still (increasingly uneasily) attached to. Compelling people to pretend that a man is a woman or that there is such a thing as a 'non-binary' person and to use one of a bewildering list of gender neutral pronouns is fascist, but then, the trans* movement very often lobbies for the removal of books that they don't like and for speakers they don't like to be no-platformed. Most of the opposition to this madness is coming from feminists and lesbians who (quite rightly) perceive this as men imposing themselves into women's spaces.

    The fact that trans activists spend so much time and energy trying to force their way into women's toilets and showering/changing areas tells its own story.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    Politics matters Politics matters is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,889

    How come Mercurial hasn't been on this thread yet?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    ireallyshouldknowbetter ireallyshouldknowbetter is offline
    ireallyshouldknowbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    9,764

    Oh Christ, please don't tell him about it. Thank goodness you can't tag users here; let's hope he doesn't do regular google site searches for his username or we're all doomed.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    owedtojoy owedtojoy is offline
    owedtojoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39,733

    Looks like a handful of people have got their tits caught in a wringer over the odd activities of another handful of people.

    The fact that it is about S-E-X "tells its own story", as one contributor so presciently remarked.

    I can only ye seem heavily bothered about damn little.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment