Register to Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    No matter how many times you use the word it doesn't bolster your argument. Merkel is right wing so is Kenny, the right are the largest grouping in the European Parliament and control the government at Federal level in the US and most states. So maybe the fatc that the right keeps winning elections is down to the fact that their ideas chime with the voters.
    I meant Anglo-American right wing thought hence my reference to the sea and ocean particularily the culture war more hard right 'it's just common sense innit' Daily Mail-esque politics. What I meant is that some posters find it easier to 'pick a side' in regards to US and UK politics because its easier to pick sides in foreign politics because you have nothing at risk and you can afford to ignore the personalities.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    School vouchers are madness designed to destroy educational standards and make profit for companies. In Sweden it was a disaster.
    The problem in Sweden was not vouchers but the system being overwhelmed with Muslim immigration and segregation. The idea that the voucher system is to blame for that is not one I share.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    The problem in Sweden was not vouchers but the system being overwhelmed with Muslim immigration and segregation. The idea that the voucher system is to blame for that is not one I share.
    The voucher system is designed to encourage segregation. Faith schools can be set, schools that require out-of-pocket expenses.

Granted give how much posters on this site like to blame immigrants for the voucher systems failings maybe the potential of segregation is one of its attraction. That and its potential as a union buster.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowshopper View Post
    The voucher system is designed to encourage segregation. Faith schools can be set, schools that require out-of-pocket expenses.

Granted give how much posters on this site like to blame immigrants for the voucher systems failings maybe the potential of segregation is one of its attraction. That and its potential as a union buster.
    No. The voucher system is designed to provide choice for parents and children, and to share access to good schools with poor students who have hitherto being denied it.

Personally I think that if everyone could choose the denomination of their school, about half would choose multi or non denominational. But thats a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenshane4 View Post
    I think
    I can pretty much guarantee that every member of p.ie who isn't insane stopped reading at that point.

Seriously, why the fnck do you bother? Nobody from the north including the Loyalists believes you, most of the southerners have seen through your act. Yer reduced to trawling for likes from the Stormfront crew. Just fnck off already, your tired trolling outlived its usefulness about 8 years ago you dribbling fncking headcase.

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    Jesus not more far-right dribbling insanity.

The idea of school vouchers was dreamt up by that lunatic Friedman, backed up by that other peddler of WingNut voodoo hoohaa von Hayek.

Just how many times do the deranged notions of the insane neo-liberal right have to spectacularly blow up causing massive misery, before the swivel-eyed acolytes of this cartoonish absurd religion start to get a clue?
    Now sidey what would you like too see and what economic system would you like to see put into action .

An excellent argument for a Voucher system. Also the empowerment of parents.

its potential as a union buster.
    Another excellent argument for a voucher system. The Teachers' Unions have become too big for their boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post

The voucher system is designed to provide choice for parents and children, and to share access to good schools with poor students who have hitherto being denied it.

Personally I think that if everyone could choose the denomination of their school, about half would choose multi or non denominational. But that's a separate issue.
    There is a gentleman in Belfast who is an immigrant from Co. Tipperary. He has been making a case that parental choice should be abolished in order to bring about integrated education in Northern Ireland.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment