Register to Comment
Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1161Likes

wow , those sh1tlords and their clicking , don't they know the only appropriate from of clapping is jazz hands style, park your clicking privilege you ableist !

Feminists told to use jazz hands because clapping 'causes ANXIETY' | UK | News | Daily Express

Organisers at the National Union of Students Women's Conference made the request after some delegates reported feeling anxious during audience applause.

The NUS Women's Campaign tweeted from its official account: "Some delegates are requesting that we move to jazz hands rather than clapping, as it's triggering anxiety. Please be mindful!"

The original request was made by students from Oxford University.

Another delegate wrote online: "Can we not clap? Pretty anxious and its putting me on edge also distracting."

But clapping was not the only behaviour that caused problems for attendees at the Solihull event.

One claimed that MURMURING was "making things inaccessible", leading the NUS to issue an edict banning "chat" and "whooping".
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    wow , those sh1tlords and their clicking , don't they know the only appropriate from of clapping is jazz hands style, park your clicking privilege you ableist !

Feminists told to use jazz hands because clapping 'causes ANXIETY' | UK | News | Daily Express

Sounds like they've been trolled to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post

Sounds like they've been trolled to pieces.

I don't think that was trolling but who knows , the latest successful troll was an undercover reporter in the US getting University staff to shred a copy of the constitution as the "student" said she found it triggering.

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    I don't think that was trolling but who knows , the latest successful troll was an undercover reporter in the US getting University staff to shred a copy of the constitution as the "student" said she found it triggering.
    Yup.

Although my seemingly offensive approach would be to respond to requests to shred the constitution with 'too bad princess, suck it up'.

I know right, what a ba$tard!

Universities are not places of freedom and tolerance. They are places of politically correct indoctrination. The students in the OP are the product of extreme political correctness.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Giving protection to specific groups appears problematic to me

Either human rights are universal : or they aren't

It is that simple

Cyp
    If that had been the case all along- this view point fails to acknowledge or recognise discrimination and exploitation sometimes over centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Does that include beliefs about what university should be about?
    It's okay to challenge people's beliefs about anything. But, it shouldn't be used to shutdown debate about anything either - be it holocaust denial or whatever. So, I see nothing wrong with "safe spaces" per se; so long as the entire university isn't declared a place where people must never be offended. That is the anti-thesis of challenging people's beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post
    Yup.

Although my seemingly offensive approach would be to respond to requests to shred the constitution with 'too bad princess, suck it up'.

I know right, what a ba$tard!
    or if they actually cared for the student, find out who the parents were and call them and let them know their daughter might have mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Universities are not places of freedom and tolerance. They are places of politically correct indoctrination. The students in the OP are the product of extreme political correctness.
    You are the reason safe spaces were required in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    You are the reason safe spaces were required in the first place.
    Safe spaces are totalitarian spaces. Inside them everyone must think the same way, talk the same way, behave the same way, and never criticise the "space space". Anyone who dissents is instantly purged.

Page 2 of 338 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment