Register to Comment
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

A PROFESSOR AT University College Cork (UCC) has shown that a single injection could help repair damaged hearts.

Professor Noel Caplice, the chair of Cardiovascular Sciences at UCC, and his colleagues at Cork University Hospital have shown that low dose insulin-like growth factor can help repair damage to the heart.

World-first trial shows single injection could help patients recover after heart attacks
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

"[A] team of Irish astronomers from the Dublin Institute of Advanced Studies (DIAS) led by Eamon O’Gorman has now given us our best glimpse yet of a stellar body outside of our own solar system.'"

Irish astronomers snap most detailed image ever of another star

Are there any polls about opinions for the Theory of Evolution that based on Irish community ? I wonder about that.

"In 2016 Ireland achieved a world ranking of 10th for the overall quality of its scientific research. It was the first time that Ireland had entered the top 10 in the world rankings and represents a jump of 26 places in just 13 years.
    [...]
    According to Science Foundation Ireland’s most recent annual report, Ireland is second in the global scientific ranking for its animal and dairy science. The country scores second too in immunology and in nanotechnology. It is third in materials sciences, fourth in agricultural sciences and fifth in chemistry. For basic medical research and computer science, Ireland came sixth.
    "

Irish Times: Ireland enters top 10 for quality research

"A project that led to the discovery of a potential new antibiotic capable of beating antimicrobial resistant bacteria including MRSA has won the overall prize at this year’s BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition.

The study by 15-year-old Simon Meehan from Coláiste Choilm in Ballincollig in Cork investigated the antimicrobial effect of parts of selected plants against the common bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (SA).

"
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0112/93...ung-scientist/

"The overall runner-up group prize was collected by 16-year-olds, Darragh Twomey, Andrew Heffernan and Neil O’Leary from Coláiste Treasa in Kanturk in Cork.

They discovered that the common natural bacteria found in plants, Pseudomonas Fluorescens, could be used to markedly increase the yield of certain barley crops.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    "A project that led to the discovery of a potential new antibiotic capable of beating antimicrobial resistant bacteria including MRSA has won the overall prize at this year’s BT Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition.

The study by 15-year-old Simon Meehan from Coláiste Choilm in Ballincollig in Cork investigated the antimicrobial effect of parts of selected plants against the common bacteria Staphylococcus aureus (SA).

"
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0112/93...ung-scientist/

"The overall runner-up group prize was collected by 16-year-olds, Darragh Twomey, Andrew Heffernan and Neil O’Leary from Coláiste Treasa in Kanturk in Cork.

They discovered that the common natural bacteria found in plants, Pseudomonas Fluorescens, could be used to markedly increase the yield of certain barley crops.
    "
    A strange mix of pride at the skills of these children and shame that someone well over half my age is capable of such things.

Well done all. I'm off to give myself a good talking to whilst placing unreasonable demands on my children as I live my life vicariously through them.

The young scientist exhibition is an inspiring event, great credit due to all involved.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment