Register to Comment
Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Glenshane4 View Post
    So you have resorted to personal insult. A typical Eireperson.
    as someone who went to an Opus Dei school I never came across comedy Catholics like yourself. Are you sure you are not Cruimh's sock puppet?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

It poses a threat to the safety of the oppressed Catholic people of Northern Ireland. If Catholics in Eire are bullied out of their schools, how long will it be before we come under attack? Indeed, we are already under attack. Ruth Dudley Edwards, an Eire academic is involved in a campaign to have the law of Northern Ireland changed so that Catholic schools will be compelled to employ Presbyterian teachers.
    Yep, you better build the bomb shelter now and stock up on tinned food, the secularist horde will soon be decending upon you laying waste to all before them

Over the years, many Eire politicians have clamoured for integrated education in Northern Ireland. Garret Fitzgerald, Jack Lynch, Conor Cruise O'Brien, Jim Kemmy, Ruairi Quinn, Paddy Harte, Brendan McGahon, Austin Deasy, Gemma Hussey, Thomas MacGiolla, Phronsais De Rossa, John Bruton, Michael McDowell. Such a shower. It reads like a list of the Eire enemies of Northern Ireland Catholics.
    And I hope they were told to mind their own business? Or did you eejits actually take heed of irish politicians that have absolutely no jurisdiction in the 6 counties? If they exerted any influence then you've only got yourselves to blame laddie.

Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that the attack by anti-Catholics on the Catholic schools of Eire poses no threat, direct or indirect, to the oppressed Catholic people of Northern Ireland?
    Not our problem pal. What happens in the north is absolutely none of our business or concern. The same way in what happens in the Yemen is absolutely none of our concern. The north needs to look to the fine moral upstanding people like yourself to defend themselves from this existential threat.

You might be sure. I am not sure. But then you live at a safe distance from the Prods. I do not.
    With attitudes like that there will never, ever be peace in Ireland - whether NI remains seperate or there is a united Ireland.

You are a catholic. Turn the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    With attitudes like that there will never, ever be peace in Ireland - whether NI remains seperate or there is a united Ireland.
    Pretty sure as others have pointed out it is a lonely loyalist teenager who can't find facebook...

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    It never ceases to astonish me the sheer depths to which some folk will let themselves sink once they feel they have God on their side.
    They even have their own get-out for telling big porkies AKA Mental Reservation!

Cardinal Desmond Connell had explained the concept to the Murphy Commission as follows:

“Well, the general teaching about mental reservation is that you are not permitted to tell a lie. On the other hand, you may be put in a position where you have to answer, and there may be circumstances in which you can use an ambiguous expression realising that the person who you are talking to will accept an untrue version of whatever it may be – permitting that to happen, not willing that it happened, that would be lying. It really is a matter of trying to deal with extraordinarily difficult matters that may arise in social relations where people may ask questions that you simply cannot answer. Everybody knows that this kind of thing is liable to happen. So mental reservation is, in a sense, a way of answering without lying.”
    When the priest who had abused MC was convicted, the Archdiocese issued a press statement claiming that it had cooperated with police in relation to her complaint. MC was upset by this and told a friend - Father James Norman. Father Norman told police that he had asked the Archdiocese about the statement and the explanation he received was that
    “we never said we cooperated ‘fully’, placing emphasis on the word ‘fully’.”
    LINK

You don't like where you live, presumably in NI, because it's not a "safe distance from the Prods".

You clearly don't like "Eirepeople", by which I assume you mean people in the 26 counties.

Given this I can't think of anywhere on the island of Ireland where you wouldn't be a "safe distance" from nasty ould Prods and nasty ould "Eirepeople".

Are you sure Ireland is the right country for you? You're an EU citizen I presume - why not move to a nice Catholic country in mainland Europe? Spain? France? Belgium?
    Last edited by blokesbloke; 19th June 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    They even have their own get-out for telling big porkies AKA Mental Reservation!

Cardinal Desmond Connell had explained the concept to the Murphy Commission as follows:

When the priest who had abused MC was convicted, the Archdiocese issued a press statement claiming that it had cooperated with police in relation to her complaint. MC was upset by this and told a friend - Father James Norman. Father Norman told police that he had asked the Archdiocese about the statement and the explanation he received was that

LINK
    The only problem with the Irish RCC's interpretation of 'Mental Reservation' is that it is wrong even in catholic dogma. The Jesuits developed the theory of Mental Reservation and stipulated that it cannot be used by a priest to deflect blame from himself or other priests. In that sense it is determined as falsehood.

Unlucky, cardinal...

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    You don't like where you live, presumably in NI, because it's not a "safe distance from the Prods".

You clearly don't like "Eirepeople", by which I assume you mean people in the 26 counties.

Given this I can't think of anywhere on the island or Ireland where you wouldn't be a "safe distance" from nasty ould Prods and nasty ould "Eirepeople".

Are you sure Ireland is the right country for you? You're an EU citizen I presume - why not move to a nice Catholic country in mainland Europe? Spain? France? Belgium?
    Can people who have been sectioned choose to emigrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Traditionally Protestants sent their Kids to Sunday School so that the Parents could manage some 'private time'

All I can remember about Sunday School was tedious confirmation lessons from the Rev. and the rest of the time we were 'taught' by zealous teenagers - usually girls.
    How long do they have to attend for? I may be born again.

Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment