Register to Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

System to raise your IQ by 20 points:

There was an interesting piece on the radio this morning, where an NUIM psychologist was talking about a brain training technique he and others have developed which claims to raise children's IQ by around 20 points. It sounded very impressive, though I became a small bit sceptical, when I learnt that it is a commercial venture. Having said that, what he was saying sounded very plausible to me, and I'm sure the experiments that were done are genuine (though with only 12 children, which seems a limited test).

I suspect there is a serious risk of hype with something like this - given the commercial angle. It's supported/funded by Enterprise Ireland and it sounded like the guy is up for promoting it aggressively. But, it looks like something that could be trialed in schools here. What do other pie.sters think?

Link: Raise Your IQ

This is what they are claiming

Last edited by Orbit v2; 2nd May 2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I certainly won't be needing it anyway

Delete your p.ie account.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Delete your p.ie account.
    But I'm the cleverest person on here!

Excellent. Utilising this fantastic system may finally get my IQ up to 19!
    Rejoice!!

Can we get this to the Dáil ASAP?

Then utilise it like shampoo. Rinse, lather, repeat........ Rinse, lather, repeat

Cool....I'd be able to restore my IQ to the level it was at, before I saw that episode of 'Made in Chelsea'...

Marvellous. Only problem is, high IQ on it's own is nigh-on meaningless. A lot of people are under the impression that high IQ = success, not true. I used to be a member of Mensa, and one of their meetings is proof positive that high IQ is not a guarantee of anything. Drive, ambition, an ability to get along with others and work in a team, and good old-fashioned work ethic are far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbit v2 View Post
    There was an interesting piece on the radio this morning, where an NUIM psychologist was talking about a brain training technique he and others have developed which claims to raise children's IQ by around 20 points. It sounded very impressive, though I became a small bit sceptical, when I learnt that it is a commercial venture. Having said that, what he was saying sounded very plausible to me, and I'm sure the experiments that were done are genuine (though with only 12 children, which seems a limited test).

I suspect there is a serious risk of hype with something like this - given the commercial angle. It's supported/funded by Enterprise Ireland and it sounded like the guy is up for promoting it aggressively. But, it looks like something that could be trialed in schools here. What do other pie.sters think?

Link: Raise Your IQ

This is what they are claiming

Well, practicing IQ tests raises your IQ, don't see how it's relevant to anything but getting better at IQ tests though.

This sounds like a great breakthrough!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment