Register to Comment
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 248
Like Tree73Likes
  1. #151
    Sailor Sailor is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33,043

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnHurley View Post
    I completely refute that allegation.
    I informed a number of people about this site and this thread when I started to circulate my petition and shared links to this site on Facebook. A number of people who I met whilst circulating the petition told me they were interested in viewing this thread and I presume Bigboots was interested enough to join up and start posting.
    I do not know who Bigboots is because like most posters he or she uses a username. Ironically given your allegation, I am one of the few people on here who posts under their real name.
    You will see if you read back over the thread that the motivations of people who posted critical comments about VECs were questioned and that people who signed my petition had their backgrounds , careers and publications commented on and speculated upon.
    I must get back to the petition - 1500 people believe County Cork VEC should be made accountable to the taxpayer and should introduce a complaints procedure.
    For the benefit of those who might be thinking of posting on this thread, can you state how many posters, apart from me, have been threatened with legal action by you or any other posters on this thread.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #152
    AnnHurley AnnHurley is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Sailor I have never threatened you or any other poster on this thread with legal action. I cannot speak for other posters.
    I note your quote. At least two people who signed my petition had their whereabouts, careers and publications speculated upon. Another poster was accussed of being a sock account as opposed to a genuine poster because he or she liked my posts and expressed critical views about VECs.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #153
    Sailor Sailor is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33,043

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnHurley View Post
    Sailor I have never threatened you or any other poster on this thread with legal action. I cannot speak for other posters.
    I note your quote. At least two people who signed my petition had their whereabouts, careers and publications speculated upon. Another poster was accussed of being a sock account as opposed to a genuine poster because he or she liked my posts and expressed critical views about VECs.
    I did not suggest that you threatened me but another poster with whom you appear to be associated did so - based on my posting a link to an Examiner report. it is only fair to highlight that the any unwelcome information posted here may be met with such threats. And my question was, how many other posters have been similarily threatened?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #154
    AnnHurley AnnHurley is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Sailor you clearly used the words "threatened with legal action by you or any other posters" and quoted me which directed the comment toward me .You accussed me of threatening you with legal action and when I refuted the allegation you attempted to backtrack because it is obvious from reading the thread that I never theatened you or any other poster with legal action.
    I cannot speak or take responsibility for any other poster on this thread. I am only reponsible for my own posts. I recall that a few weks ago a poster asked you to remove a link to an article in the Irish Examiner. You will see if you read back over the thread that I did not get involved in that matter and I did not post in relation to that matter.
    I do not regard any information posted on this thread as unwelcome. I welcome open debate. Any time you or any other poster posted information or opinion I did not agree with, I voiced my disagreement and voiced my own opinion but I did not request that the information or opinion be removed.
    My most recent post was in relation to Cllr Noel O'Connor President of the IVEA and the post you quoted was a post refuting an allegation of a sock account and pointing out that the motivations of people who liked or agreed with my posts have been questioned. I do not understand why you falsely alleged that I threatened you with legal action and attempted to hold me responsible for an incident which occurred weeks ago when you were asked to remove a link to an article even though I did not ask you to remove the article and did not post or comment on the matter. .
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #155
    Sailor Sailor is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33,043

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    For the benefit of those who might be thinking of posting on this thread, can you state how many posters, apart from me, have been threatened with legal action by you or any other posters on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnHurley View Post
    Sailor you clearly used the words "threatened with legal action by you or any other posters" and quoted me which directed the comment toward me .You accussed me of threatening you with legal action and when I refuted the allegation you attempted to backtrack because it is obvious from reading the thread that I never theatened you or any other poster with legal action.
    I cannot speak or take responsibility for any other poster on this thread. I am only reponsible for my own posts. I recall that a few weks ago a poster asked you to remove a link to an article in the Irish Examiner. You will see if you read back over the thread that I did not get involved in that matter and I did not post in relation to that matter.
    I do not regard any information posted on this thread as unwelcome. I welcome open debate. Any time you or any other poster posted information or opinion I did not agree with, I voiced my disagreement and voiced my own opinion but I did not request that the information or opinion be removed.
    My most recent post was in relation to Cllr Noel O'Connor President of the IVEA and the post you quoted was a post refuting an allegation of a sock account and pointing out that the motivations of people who liked or agreed with my posts have been questioned. I do not understand why you falsely alleged that I threatened you with legal action and attempted to hold me responsible for an incident which occurred weeks ago when you were asked to remove a link to an article even though I did not ask you to remove the article and did not post or comment on the matter. .
    As you will see from my quoted post above I did not accuse you of threatening me with legal action. I was, however, threatened by the OP who introduced your petition to this site. The reason I am asking the question about how many other posters were so threatened was to alert fellow members of P.ie to the possibility of being so threatened.
    Since the very beginning this thread has had a serious problem in regard to what posters are allowed to say for legal reasons and I certainly have formed the opinion that it is more concerned with airing personal gripes than in anyway serving any public interest agenda, and this coupled with the ever-present restrictions on what we may or may not post, renders it utterly unsuited to the normal discourse in which we engage on the site.
    I have no interest in the particular case - but I do see its being aired here in these restrictive circumstances as being an abuse of the site.
    Last edited by Sailor; 30th September 2012 at 08:22 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #156
    Cynicist Cynicist is offline
    Cynicist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    As you will see from my quoted post above I did not accuse you of threatening me with legal action. I was, however, threatened by the OP who introduced your petition to this site. The reason I am asking the question about how many other posters were so threatened was to alert fellow members of P.ie to the possibility of being so threatened.
    Since the very beginning this thread has had a serious problem in regard to what posters are allowed to say for legal reasons and I certainly have formed the opinion that it is more concerned with airing personal gripes than in anyway serving any public interest agenda, and this coupled with the ever-present restrictions on what we may or may not post, renders it utterly unsuited to the normal discourse in which we engage on the site.
    I have no interest in the particular case - but I do see its being aired here in these restrictive circumstances as being an abuse of the site.
    You clearly did imply that AnnHurley was threatening you with legal action and that is how people like me with no axe to grind would read your posts. Why you attack someone for looking for transparency and accountability is unworthy and methinks that thou doest protest too much that you do not have a contrary agenda.
    We respect the work Ann Hurley had done on this issue and that is why the petition has received such widespread suppor here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #157
    AnnHurley AnnHurley is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    You clearly used the words "can you state how many posters ,apart from me, have been threatened with legal action BY YOU or any other posters on this thread?" The words " threatened with legal action by you" blatantly referred to me and indicated that I threatened you or other posters on this thread with legal action. I never threatened you or any other poster on this thread with legal action.
    You were asked to remove a link to a newspaper article but I did not make that request of you and that request did not hamper you or any other poster on this thread from discussing the issue of VEC accountability and transparency.
    I have not re-read this thread line by line or post by post but to the best of my recollection there has not been a problem with threats of legal action on this thread.I recall you and one other poster being asked to remove a link to a newspaper article and as far as I know it was the same newspaper article but it would not be appropriate for me to comment on or take responsibility for your interaction with other posters.
    This thread is not focused on personal gripes. This thread has a public interest agenda. It involves a petition on a broad issue of accountability and transparency which has been signed by over 1500 people. Like any thread the conversation has moved on in a natural manner and broad topics which are of public interest such as the application of FOI to VECs and other organisations, the work of PAC and the transition from VEC to ETB have been discussed. The amount of views and posters indicates a high level of public interest.
    You , like all of us posting on here, are free to express your opinion in relation to this issue. You were asked to remove one link by one poster, it is a huge exaggeration to typify that as "ever present restrictions". This matter is very suited to the normal discourse engaged on in this site. This thread is not an abuse of this site. You are very interested in putting an end to this thread for a person who claims to have no particular interest.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #158
    Mansworld Mansworld is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by blacbloc View Post
    The "Permanent Government of the VECs" is a well chosen phrase. Protected as they are by anonymous mandarins in the Department of Education and Science.Why?
    Why, when VECs so blatantly abuse their own policies and procedures and cost the State.
    Why such special protection afforded these spendthrift unaccountable despots. And who are these mandarins in the DES, thus far anonymous, looking after their pampered pets in the VECs. Perhaps the dismissive arrogance of VEC executive management is ground in a "Special Protection" afforded by friends in high places in the DES. And for what service???
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #159
    Sync Sync is offline
    Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34,099

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnHurley View Post
    Sailor I have never threatened you or any other poster on this thread with legal action. I cannot speak for other posters.
    I note your quote. At least two people who signed my petition had their whereabouts, careers and publications speculated upon. Another poster was accussed of being a sock account as opposed to a genuine poster because he or she liked my posts and expressed critical views about VECs.
    Now that's not true. There are lots of people who agree with your positions.

    I've accused it of being a sock puppet because it joined days after you did and exclusively posts in the threads you do and usually posts shortly after you've been on to post in agreement with what you've written, bumping the thread for others attention.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #160
    Sailor Sailor is online now

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    33,043

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnHurley View Post
    You clearly used the words "can you state how many posters ,apart from me, have been threatened with legal action BY YOU or any other posters on this thread?" The words " threatened with legal action by you" blatantly referred to me and indicated that I threatened you or other posters on this thread with legal action. I never threatened you or any other poster on this thread with legal action.
    You were asked to remove a link to a newspaper article but I did not make that request of you and that request did not hamper you or any other poster on this thread from discussing the issue of VEC accountability and transparency.
    I have not re-read this thread line by line or post by post but to the best of my recollection there has not been a problem with threats of legal action on this thread.I recall you and one other poster being asked to remove a link to a newspaper article and as far as I know it was the same newspaper article but it would not be appropriate for me to comment on or take responsibility for your interaction with other posters.
    This thread is not focused on personal gripes. This thread has a public interest agenda. It involves a petition on a broad issue of accountability and transparency which has been signed by over 1500 people. Like any thread the conversation has moved on in a natural manner and broad topics which are of public interest such as the application of FOI to VECs and other organisations, the work of PAC and the transition from VEC to ETB have been discussed. The amount of views and posters indicates a high level of public interest.
    You , like all of us posting on here, are free to express your opinion in relation to this issue. You were asked to remove one link by one poster, it is a huge exaggeration to typify that as "ever present restrictions". This matter is very suited to the normal discourse engaged on in this site. This thread is not an abuse of this site. You are very interested in putting an end to this thread for a person who claims to have no particular interest.
    The word OR which you omitted to emphasise might help your understanding of my post.

    As for the "invitations" I received to remove a certain post, here you go - I'll let posters make what they will of them!

    Quote Originally Posted by blacbloc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor
    Quote Originally Posted by blacbloc
    You have posted a link to an article currently under review by a statutory authority because of its seriously defamatory nature. The subject of the article is also under consideration by the PAC and the C&AG. It will be necessary to pursue legal action against you if you do not remove it.
    I suggest you withdraw this threat - if not I will copy it to the thread. You've got 5 mins, starting NOW.
    Away you go buster - and just see what happens to you. Believe me you will not be looking too smart at the end of it.

    And the people you are so desperate to defend will not thank you for it either.
    Last edited by Sailor; 30th September 2012 at 11:05 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment