Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Dunner in planning row

DEVELOPER Sean Dunne is being investigated in relation to planning regulations, after a shop and off-licence opened in his Ballsbridge hotel.

Dunne's D4 store to face probe on planning - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I thought he was above the law?

It would be hilarious if he got stung for that - from the little I choose to read about him, his wife is a headcase. That said, I don't see him opening a shop unless he has retail planning, and the zoning in that area wouldn't necessarily preclude a retail usage.

I haven't time to check it up at the moment, but doesn't the Jury's site have Z1 Planning?

http://www.dublincity.ie/development_plan/14.pdf

If you're interested in doing the digging, here's another useful link - brings you through to the zoning maps:

http://www.dublincity.ie/development...ndex%20map.pdf

If the issue itself is over the licence used to provide for the sale of alcohol; a licence can be extended from one aspect of the floorplate to cover for other areas. It's only if the licence itself expires that the area becomes sterilised, prohibiting future use on that site until such time that another licence is purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    DEVELOPER Sean Dunne is being investigated in relation to planning regulations, after a shop and off-licence opened in his Ballsbridge hotel.

Dunne's D4 store to face probe on planning - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    D4 version of Aldi / Lidl. you couldn't make this stuff up. Development land in Ballbridge sold for hundreds of millions being used as a car park and a supermarket. And we're are bailing out the banks that loaned the cash.
    Dunner will have the last laugh; we'll end up bailing him out.

Quote Originally Posted by twinman View Post
    Development land in Ballbridge sold for hundreds of millions being used as a car park and a supermarket. And we're are bailing out the banks that loaned the cash.
    I think Ulster bank funded that joke, they wont be involved in SCAMA.

well it certainly comprises a "material change of use" which indeed requires planning permission. Problem for Dunner is finding anyone to lodge an application for him seeing as, if like most other developers, he hasn't paid a consultant in a while

i'll do it for €750 a day..... sure I migth pop up to the shop later and see if he's around.

On the substantive point, and as a local, an ALDI/LIDL is exactly what we need in this area. It wrecks my head to hear of the bargains other people get in other parts of Dublin while i have to make do with T***o as the only option in D4. I hope he gets through this wee battle and damn any opponents.

While people in the area are right to raise questions regarding the legality of this change of use I hope he gets PP all the same...

Quote Originally Posted by twinman View Post
    D4 version of Aldi / Lidl. you couldn't make this stuff up. Development land in Ballbridge sold for hundreds of millions being used as a car park and a supermarket. And we're are bailing out the banks that loaned the cash.
    Dunner will have the last laugh; we'll end up bailing him out.
    Yaw, loike it's not Aldi or Lidl loike. It's Sean Dune. Only loike premium stuff, you know.

Meanwhile Dunner is probably buying the stuff from the Aldi down the road, slapping a 25% mark-up on the price and laughing all the way to his Swiss bank account.

apparently he's stocking all the main brands so it's not a case of "weinerschnitzel" biscuits and "plopscut" lager

Bargain hunting at new Dunne's store - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

The store is on a site that cost 396M, and she hopes to offer value for money. I fear she will only do that if NAMA pick up the cost of the land for her.

I thought his wife owned the D4 stores ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment