Register to Comment
Page 263 of 288 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 2877
Like Tree857Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    It's not though. Irish house prices have been back to ridiculously high levels for a long time now.

I can believe the figure, though. It's reflection of two situations: one of which is about a structural problem due to long-time government policy (or lack of it) and one about a peculiar phenomenon in Irish social pyschology.
    Ridiculously high by what measure? I've lived abroad in a few places and trust me, getting an affordable decent place to stay in a good area in most cities is a huge struggle.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Interesting also that the average Irish home is the 4th largest in the EU.

We really need to get Dave, Civic and Bokudense onto a committee and show the developers how to get costs down.

Maybe "lobby" the Government to eliminate Vat on property sales.

It would save me €50,000+

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    There couldn`t be a 6.2% increase in one month.

There must be a severe flaw in the way the figures are calculated.
    I have no doubt at all that there wasn't and I also have no doubt at all that the buyers queues reported on recently are staged.

The people selling houses now are the same conmen that perpetuated the scam of the first housing fraud.

It looks like a "severe flaw" ? Well, that's one way of putting it I suppose.

I also remember some charletons queing, paying a deposit to sell on a short while later and make a fast buck.

I hope these people are weeded out and only genuine people get a place in the queue.

Vacant homes
    Recent newspaper clippings hold unwelcome truths. Last September, industry voices insisted that builders had no difficulty in hiring staff. Now, we know that they do. Every 10,000 houses needs 20,000 builders.

In addition, there is the issue of Ireland’s stock of vacant homes: the 183,000 of them that exist, excluding holiday homes – which is twice the international norm. Of these, 65,000 are in places where there is high demand and they have been empty for five years or more.

WTF. Todays IT.
    65,000 vacant buildings where there is supposed shortages of stock. The question is who owns this stock and why is it being withheld from the market.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    65,000 vacant buildings where there is supposed shortages of stock. The question is who owns this stock and why is it being withheld from the market.
    Absolutely.

5 years +

Are they being maintained, heated, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    It's not though. Irish house prices have been back to ridiculously high levels for a long time now.

I can believe the figure, though. It's reflection of two situations: one of which is about a structural problem due to long-time government policy (or lack of it) and one about a peculiar phenomenon in Irish social pyschology.
    they only started to get very expensive post brexit , that was the beginning of the current leg up , the first began in dublin in late spring of 2012 and ended late 2014 , then houses stayed flat until the june 2016 brexit vote , contrary to what many thought brexit coincided with a very sharp leg up , dublin is easily up 20% since brexit

dublin is a very high wage city relative to most european capitals or indeed the likes of auckland in new zealand , houses in auckland are far more expensive than in dublin and housing in new zealand is built to a shockingly poor standard

yields of 3% on property are seen as good in australia and new zealand , 6% is easily achievable in most of dublin even today , rents are indeed very high in dublin and indeed cork and galway , house prices will exceed early 2007 in dublin within a year or more , dublins economy is significantly larger than it was in early 2017 , as is the economy of cork city and galway city , everywhere else is still considerably weaker

I also remember some charletons queing, paying a deposit to sell on a short while later and make a fast buck.

I hope these people are weeded out and only genuine people get a place in the queue.
    Sounds like you have first hand knowledge of that scenario........

Absolutely.

5 years +

Are they being maintained, heated, etc...
    And.. why is this vacant stock representing maybe even 200% of what it is claimed need to be constructed every year in places of high demand rarely if ever mentioned in all of the media reports and indeed political declarations on housing shortages.

As stated in the Housing Stock chapter, 12.3 per cent of the 2,003,645 dwellings that formed the Irish housing stock were vacant according to Census 2016. This is not an estimate by a builder or spokesperson of the property guild. Its cold fact.

It is a known highly relevant fact hardly never mentioned. Isn't that odd.

Whining lefties think that the average industrial wage should entitle them to large mansions overlooking Dublin Bay. And if he can't have that, it must because there is some conspiracy against him.

Nothing can dissuade lefties from their bitter sense of entitlement. It does not matter how cheap houses are. Even at the ludicrous prices of 2012, they were still too expensive.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment