Register to Comment
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

State pension changes to only impact private sector employees

Delays in the eligibility for state pension will not impact state employees!! No surprise there.

Recent changes to the state pension, pushing out the age at which a person can claim state pension, are impacting far more heavily in private sector employees than public sector counterparts.

When you consider this, and the recent report from esri recommending increasing retirement age further, its hard to digest this comming from those who will simply not be impacted by the changes they are recommending.

I genuinely beleive that some constitutional change is requited yo bring about a level of equality between private and public sector employees. I think that future changes in legislation and entitlements should by law have yo have an equal bearing on both sectors, and most certainly, I don't believe politicians should be allowed to the reduce employee entitlements that have no impact on themselves.

If they want to increase retirement age, then fair enough, but right across the board, then see how willing they are to do it.

State pension delays will only hit private sector | BreakingNews.ie
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Can I please have my .6%x4 back please? Paying for everyone else's pension whilst some of mine was stolen.

Its just the latest example of the PS feathering its own nest. There are already numerous cases of budgets inventing new taxes for others but making sure it doesn't apply to the PS.

Take BIK , crippling on company car and health insurance ....neither of which apply to the PS ...but free parking , apparently thats not a benefit even though it would cost you in the region of 55 per week if you had to pay for it yourself in Dublin

The theres USC , an extra 3% on company directors and the self employed ...but the mandarins in the PS made sure they were exempt.

And you can get extra years pensions , no tax liability ....but dividends and profits attract the full 55%

Lots of examples of PS perks being tax free , but anything thats almost exclusively private sector being taxed .......

The pension levy robbery while PS pensions barely blipped

Been going on for years , so this latest bit of PS enriching sophistry doesnt suprise me one bit

But tell me who I can vote for to tackle the bloat incompetence waste and greed in Irelands PS .....not 1 political party will take it on

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    Its just the latest example of the PS feathering its own nest. There are already numerous cases of budgets inventing new taxes for others but making sure it doesn't apply to the PS.

Take BIK , crippling on company car and health insurance ....neither of which apply to the PS ...but free parking , apparently thats not a benefit even though it would cost you in the region of € 55 per week if you had to pay for it yourself in Dublin

The theres USC , an extra 3% on company directors and the self employed ...but the mandarins in the PS made sure they were exempt.

And you can get extra years pensions , no tax liability ....but dividends and profits attract the full 55%

Lots of examples of PS perks being tax free , but anything thats almost exclusively private sector being taxed .......

The pension levy robbery while PS pensions barely blipped

Been going on for years , so this latest bit of PS enriching sophistry doesnt suprise me one bit

But tell me who I can vote for to tackle the bloat incompetence waste and greed in Irelands PS .....not 1 political party will take it on
    Renua!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    Renua!
    Fascinating that you automatically presume , value for money , competence , decent services ,social justice or pay and pension parity for private sector workers are far right values .....might explain your beloved Labour parties current predicament

Another nail in the coffin of trying to encourage indigenous Irish businesses...

These sh!theads in the Irish 'establishment' who bend over backwards to entice FDI and bathe in the glory of that only to sh!t all over the self employed and those in the private sector at every opportunity... they're contemptible...

At the very least as much effort and encouragement should be put into indigenous Irish companies and the self employed with those people being treated fairly...

If this is Leo's idea of supporting those who get up in the morning and go to work he's betraying a massive constituent with crap like this.

Twitter
    @

It's stupid, but typical.

Legislation, especially taxes, should cover and apply to all citizens equally [NO exemptions] .... from the President right the whole way down ... imo

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    It's stupid, but typical.

Legislation, especially taxes, should cover and apply to all citizens equally [NO exemptions] .... from the President right the whole way down ... imo
    Absolutely, I mean, try and claim am allowance just for showing up to work in the private sector and see how far that will get you.

Sickening

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    Fascinating that you automatically presume , value for money , competence , decent services ,social justice or pay and pension parity for private sector workers are far right values .....might explain your beloved Labour parties current predicament

where did I say, or even imply, that? A question was asked and I answered

By the by, when Lucinda Creighton last her seat to Kate O'Connell I was one of the few posters to

1. lament her loss to the Dail (I may not have always agreed with her policies however I felt she was an honourable politician)
    2. raised the fact that IN&M did a complete hatchet job on her as revenge for her condemnation of fat Dinny

There's a stink of horse-sh1t off coming from this story.

As a private sector employee, I have a contract which obliges me to retire at 65, and I will then get my private sector pension. This has not changed.

Similarly, public sector workers due a pension for having worked, will still get it when they retire.

People who worked in the private sector and don't have a work-related pension, or people who worked in the public sector and never qualified by a work-related pension, will be impacted by this.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment