Register to Comment
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    There's a stink of horse-sh1t off coming from this story.

As a private sector employee, I have a contract which obliges me to retire at 65, and I will then get my private sector pension. This has not changed.

Similarly, public sector workers due a pension for having worked, will still get it when they retire.

People who worked in the private sector and don't have a work-related pension, or people who worked in the public sector and never qualified by a work-related pension, will be impacted by this.
    There is no stink off the story whatsoever. Private sector workers who are contracted to finish work at 65/66 yrs of age, do so and plan for pension based on private sector pension + state pension, so their retirement income is dependent on that.

Moving retirement age forward, and disallowing payment of the state pension till later years,(67/68 and eventually 70), solely impacts private sector workers, who even with pension planning will now lose out on 12k per year of pension payments for several years before they are entitled to it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by wexfordman View Post
    There is no stink off the story whatsoever. Private sector workers who are contracted to finish work at 65/66 yrs of age, do so and plan for pension based on private sector pension + state pension, so their retirement income is dependent on that.

Moving retirement age forward, and disallowing payment of the state pension till later years,(67/68 and eventually 70), solely impacts private sector workers, who even with pension planning will now lose out on 12k per year of pension payments for several years before they are entitled to it.
    No they won't.

Why in the name of God compound your initial stupidity by composing a second post that simply reaffirms the fact that you haven't a fukcing clue what you're talking about??

Go into a darkroom and lie down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Yep - it's been worded to annoy the mouth-breathers and, as this thread already shows, it has scored a bullseye!
    Look,

if you cannot even think straight enough to see through your blinkered eyes, nbothing I say is going to change it, but lets put it quite clear for you just in case.

1) Privaate sector employees who retire at 65 will lose 12k per year of their pension pot until they reach 70, which means that they either cannot retire, or end up on the dole or significantly worse off.

2) The impact of raising the retirment age has little to no impact on existing public sector workers.

The point of the op, is that if this was to impact public sector workers to this extent, it simply would not even be proposed, those who propose the changes, those who implement the changes are not impacted in any way.

No they won't.

Why in the name of God compound your initial stupidity by composing a second post that simply reaffirms the fact that you haven't a fukcing clue what you're talking about??

Go into a darkroom and lie down.
    Ok, Mushroom, please let me know how I as a private sector worker will not be affected, I genuinely hope you are correct, and would love to hear I am not.

Pass your knowledge on to those of us in need!

2) The impact of raising the retirment age has little to no impact on existing public sector workers.
    You're wrong. For any PS worker recruited after 1995 the state pension forms part of their pension. If they have a maximum retirement age of 65 (which many do), and the state pension age increases, then they are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    Another nail in the coffin of trying to encourage indigenous Irish businesses...

These sh!theads in the Irish 'establishment' who bend over backwards to entice FDI and bathe in the glory of that only to sh!t all over the self employed and those in the private sector at every opportunity... they're contemptible...

At the very least as much effort and encouragement should be put into indigenous Irish companies and the self employed with those people being treated fairly...

If this is Leo's idea of supporting those who get up in the morning and go to work he's betraying a massive constituent with crap like this.
    but paddy has free fukkkkinnng water boya , we showed them , didn't we , didn't we ?

Ok, Mushroom, please let me know how I as a private sector worker will not be affected, I genuinely hope you are correct, and would love to hear I am not.

Pass your knowledge on to those of us in need!
    your need will be much greater afterwards

Any private sector worker entitled to a private pension, will continue to be entitled to that pension at that age. Ditto public sector workers

Doesn't really surprise me, but as I intend (the gods willing) to work well after 65, can't say it bothers me that much. That's the thing about being self employed, you kinda get used to the idea of depending on your own resources and not someone else.

But he's from Wexford. A UNESCO recognised cretin belt. Hence the election of tax thief Mick Wallace.
    https://www.independent.ie/business/...-36313686.html

Public Servants are getting a full supplementary pension payment even in cases where they do not have sufficient PRSI contributions to give them the maximum State pension.
    The Department of Public Expenditure has confirmed that the "supplementary" pension exits, that is basically a substitution for the State pension until public servants reach the State pension age of 66.
    As a result of this pension experts have said that this means that public servants have insulated themselves from the decision to raise the State pension.
    Who's the cretin now?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment