Register to Comment
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

MakingWaves has finally become MakingItUp
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    You are the one making the claim - produce evidence about how many public servants received mileage for work related activity in the past year - and the rates at which they were paid.

As I pointed out - next week the entire workforce where I work will be travelling to work related seminars (attendance is compulsory) - a couple of people are travelling over 60 miles to the location - none will receive any mileage allowance for attendance.
    So if its part of your work, why dont you, and all your colleagues claim travelling expenses in your tax return seeing as your employer doesnt fund you?

Quote Originally Posted by loaf View Post
    The two hypothetical examples you gave did both join after 1995 - one only had 5 years service and the other was retiring in 2035.
    Or those retiring in 2025, such as Gardai and Prison Officers with a compulsory retirement age of 60. What happens in their situations can you say?

Also, surely if a public sector worker has worked for 30 or 40 years (or less), then I would imagine that they would have PRSI entitlements, would they have to sign on the for Job Seekers benefit, which is only payable for 9 months.

Not expecting you to know, but a few people I know in this position who can't seem to get a straight answer and 2025 for them is not too far away!

You are the one making the claim - produce evidence about how many public servants received mileage for work related activity in the past year - and the rates at which they were paid.

As I pointed out - next week the entire workforce where I work will be travelling to work related seminars (attendance is compulsory) - a couple of people are travelling over 60 miles to the location - none will receive any mileage allowance for attendance.
    In my business customers often send in a few people to evaluate our products and itís always amusing when the customer is public sector to see them all arriving separately in their private cars travelling from the same place.. often several hundred kilometers away whereas virtually everyone else travelling any sort of distance do so together in the one car.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    Jobseekers Allowance is means tested.
    Yes, and isn't it also only payable if you don't have PRSI entitlement?

Are you seriously expecting anybody to believe that a crowd who won't even stick an ink cartridge in a printer without getting a special allowance for doing so are going to drive 120 miles and not get any mileage?

Would you ever get up the yard. There's a smell of benjy off you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post

Are you seriously expecting anybody to believe that a crowd who won't even stick an ink cartridge in a printer without getting a special allowance for doing so are going to drive 120 miles and not get any mileage?
    How many in the PS receive that allowance? And how many in the PS actually change printer cartridges, do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    How many in the PS receive that allowance? And how many in the PS actually change printer cartridges, do you think?
    1?

101?

1001?

10001?

Who knows? Who cares (except the ink cartridge inserters, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by cannotthinkofone View Post

Or those retiring in 2025, such as Gardai and Prison Officers with a compulsory retirement age of 60. What happens in their situations can you say?
    What happens to them now? What leads you to believe that the existing arrangements would change in 2025?

Quote Originally Posted by cannotthinkofone View Post

Also, surely if a public sector worker has worked for 30 or 40 years (or less), then I would imagine that they would have PRSI entitlements, would they have to sign on the for Job Seekers benefit, which is only payable for 9 months.
    There's a special provision for anyone aged over 65 who is claiming Jobseeker’s Benefit - they can continue to receive it until their 66th birthday. Presumably this provision will be extended to the 67th and 68th birthday when the payment age for the State pensions is extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Uganda View Post
    Who cares (except the ink cartridge inserters, that is).
    You.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment