Register to Comment
Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Like Tree511Likes

Minister for Finance statement on Dáil votes | An Roinn Airgeadais, Department of Finance

Private members bill not binding, and position remains as is. I think that sometime in the last 10 days it was decided t postpone the IPO for a few weeks, and that once that happened Noonan was going to step down - it was about the biggest job he had left to do.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by SamsonS View Post
    Minister for Finance statement on Dáil votes | An Roinn Airgeadais, Department of Finance

Private members bill not binding, and position remains as is. I think that sometime in the last 10 days it was decided t postpone the IPO for a few weeks, and that once that happened Noonan was going to step down - it was about the biggest job he had left to do.
    Well my musings seem way off now! Don't mnd headline, reported by Times and Indo as next week it would start.
    Sale of AIB due in coming weeks | BreakingNews.ie

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    A question for those in the finance industry.

Say some wealth individual or institution comes in and buys a load of share the first day they are up for sale. Can he not sell them to who he wants the minute he has them purchased?

As these things trade in huge volumes they will be easy to purchase?

If their is some sort of restriction on selling them on it will be a bad deal for the taxpayer?
    The job of the Exchange is to make a market -there are always shares available ( supply and demand). Point is if float IS successful then within seconds of trading opening price will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    That might all make sense, but adults should be allowed to make their own decisions.

As I said, nobody cared about the thousands screwed out of variable rate mortgage holders, by AIB.
    If memory serves me right, Baldy wanted both Eircom shareholders and Taxi plate licensees compensated. Needless to say he was fence sitting in the Opposition at the time and/or campaigning for election. Funny though how when in Govt he allows the thieving Banks to screw Variable rate mortgage holders!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsonS View Post
    That is current gov position on this.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...take-b7plt9c8r - opposition have a different view.

Fianna Fail, Sinn Fein and the Labour Party are suggesting that the expected windfall of nearly €3bn from the partial sale of the state’s shareholding in AIB should be spent on house-building to alleviate homelessness.
    its not a windfall - it is a small contribution to the billions stolen from Taxpayers to keep those eejits in Ballsbridge in business

Quote Originally Posted by beazlebottom View Post
    its not a windfall - it is a small contribution to the billions stolen from Taxpayers to keep those eejits in Ballsbridge in business
    Indeed - cut and paste from report.

The point of proceeds, that feeling that say 3b comes in, and gets put into NTMA, rather than into capital infrastructure......this could be the first big crisis of new Taoiseach's office.

Jack O'Connor p1sses me off so I didn't read all the article. Really, there is no excuse for that yolk. He mentioned the strategic element of AIB ownership. What the fup is he on about? There is nothing strategic in our continued ownership of it. It is quite evident that government ownership of the banks means diddly squat. It hasn't done so why would that change Jackie me lad?

Gobsh1te.

And when interest rates increase and the next financial crisis hits and we are in the sh1te again because we have too much debt and are seen as a bad investment because of the sheer volume of interest repayments on the massive debt pile of ours, what will Jackie say then? Why didn't we pay it down earlier to a more manageable level....that's what the useless cvnt will say.

The play acting over the sale of the AIB shares is a good reason that the bank should be sold entirely asap. The last thing we need is politicians trying to run a bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    Jack O'Connor p1sses me off so I didn't read all the article. Really, there is no excuse for that yolk. He mentioned the strategic element of AIB ownership. What the fup is he on about? There is nothing strategic in our continued ownership of it. It is quite evident that government ownership of the banks means diddly squat. It hasn't done so why would that change Jackie me lad?

Gobsh1te.

And when interest rates increase and the next financial crisis hits and we are in the sh1te again because we have too much debt and are seen as a bad investment because of the sheer volume of interest repayments on the massive debt pile of ours, what will Jackie say then? Why didn't we pay it down earlier to a more manageable level....that's what the useless cvnt will say.
    Maybe he could ask his good buddy David Begg

....ex director of the Central Bank.

Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment