Register to Comment
Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 888
Like Tree511Likes
  1. #21
    Northsideman Northsideman is offline
    Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,502

    Quote Originally Posted by ted08 View Post
    How much will I get for a fiver
    The knowledge you are doing your bit to support your fellow citizens in the criminal world and their legal reps, I'm sure thank gives you a warm glow
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    Casablanca Casablanca is offline
    Casablanca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    [QUOTE=ted08;11153207]How much will I get for a fiver

    2 reds and a small grey*


    *at the exchange rate applicable at time of posting. Past performance is no guide. Squirrels can go up as well as down.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    Socratus O' Pericles Socratus O' Pericles is online now
    Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29,300

    [QUOTE=Casablanca;11153214]
    Quote Originally Posted by ted08 View Post
    How much will I get for a fiver

    2 reds and a small grey*


    *at the exchange rate applicable at time of posting. Past performance is no guide. Squirrels can go up as well as down.
    I'm just asking for a friend if it's possible to get some of those ones that go down?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    Casablanca Casablanca is offline
    Casablanca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    I am not advocating a free for all. And I might believe that Noonan cared about the public, if he hadn't presided over the screwing of AIB mortgage holders for years, because he argued that it was not for him to interfere.

    This is about Noonan trying to avoid political fallout for him and FG. That his party's voters typically might be more likely to have 10k,is a happy coincidence, of course.
    And if a load of people bought in with their savings or borrowings and lost heavily, the Dept of Finsnce would be the worst in the world. Joe Duffy's lines would be hopping and he'd be shouting that the government encouraged the public to do an Eircom all over again.

    In in that sense, it's seems a no-win situation whatever policy was chosen
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    Gin Soaked Gin Soaked is offline
    Gin Soaked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,898

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Dandy. What about allowing adults to choose how to spend their money?
    You are old enough to remember the Eircom floatation. Oh how we laughed at the banks offering loans to buy shares. And som seriously well educated idiots got suckered in. Most adults are spoilt morons. Especially in Ireland.

    I'd be all for letting adults spend their money how they wish as long as there are no more bailouts.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    Northsideman Northsideman is offline
    Northsideman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,502

    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    You are old enough to remember the Eircom floatation. Oh how we laughed at the banks offering loans to buy shares. And som seriously well educated idiots got suckered in. Most adults are spoilt morons. Especially in Ireland.

    I'd be all for letting adults spend their money how they wish as long as there are no more bailouts.
    The most dopey thing about that was you had to commit to buy before you were told the price, idiots indeed they were.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    Casablanca Casablanca is offline
    Casablanca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    [QUOTE=Socratus O' Pericles;11153218]
    Quote Originally Posted by Casablanca View Post

    I'm just asking for a friend if it's possible to get some of those ones that go down?
    Your wish is my command

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47,022

    Quote Originally Posted by Casablanca View Post
    And if a load of people bought in with their savings or borrowings and lost heavily, the Dept of Finsnce would be the worst in the world. Joe Duffy's lines would be hopping and he'd be shouting that the government encouraged the public to do an Eircom all over again.

    In in that sense, it's seems a no-win situation whatever policy was chosen

    Why would a load of people do that? Just because Eircom was launched in an idiotic manner, it wouldn't mean that AIB would need to be.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    ted08 ted08 is offline
    ted08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,385

    My parents had success with Irish permanent when they floated back in the day. They were given free shares, saw they were going up, bought more, and then sold and put in a new and badly needed kitchen with a few quid left over for a holiday. They also lost out on Eircom, which was a valuable lesson. I would agree with SIL, adults can make their own decisions, and shouldn't be precluded from purchasing AIB shares, but must go in with their eyes wide open.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    Casablanca Casablanca is offline
    Casablanca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,390

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Why would a load of people do that? Just because Eircom was launched in an idiotic manner, it wouldn't mean that AIB would need to be.
    Simple, if the bank falls in value in a few months due to a crash or other world event, buyers who felt duped would be angry and it would be no more consoling to them to say "you went in with your eyes open" than it was to the Eircom shareholders.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment