Register to Comment
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 303
Like Tree171Likes
  1. #21
    mr_anderson mr_anderson is offline
    mr_anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    8,182

    Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    As my boss used to tell me when I bitched - there's no lock on the gate.

    I hear you need to use your fingerprint to open the gate in Apple.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    HarshBuzz HarshBuzz is offline
    HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,053

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinnerBot No.32564844524 View Post
    Which then takes momentum of it's own internationally leading to ever decreasing standards of living and the rise of right-wing populism as has been so ably demonstrated in recent events.
    have you any real data to back this up? or is it just gospel according to yourself?

    throw up some actual numbers there to stand up this claim or can we treat it as the joke it is
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    Betson Betson is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,115

    I think it takes a certain type of personality to work(long term anyway) for apple or any of the big Tech companies who see themselves as more of a cult than a corporation.

    They demand control and loyalty over your life both inside and outside the work environment , but they pay very well for this. They demand you show no individuality whatsoever and that you are always a 'team player' and into the group think of the organisation. You must show complete loyalty to them as any cult member would.

    To many this is fine , it a well paid job with great healthcare etc etc and it is worth losing part of your soul , but to others it would suck the life out of them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524 ShinnerBot No.32564844524 is offline
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,924

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    or maybe, just maybe, a disgruntled ex-employee may not have the most objective view of the situation?



    you should take a trip to a third world backwater to find out why comparing a country with one of the highest minimum wages in the world and a first world standard of living with real, abject poverty is not just crass but also displays a total lack of any awareness
    highest minimum wage with the lowest purchasing power and the fastest growing level of income inequality. Look how well that's working for the Brits.


    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    yep, we should try and be more like those myriad left-wing success stories like......er, um, er

    The nordics are who you're trying to think of.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    SeanieFitz SeanieFitz is online now
    SeanieFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,406

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    or maybe, just maybe, a disgruntled ex-employee may not have the most objective view of the situation?



    you should take a trip to a third world backwater to find out why comparing a country with one of the highest minimum wages in the world and a first world standard of living with real, abject poverty is not just crass but also displays a total lack of any awareness



    yep, we should try and be more like those myriad left-wing success stories like......er, um, er
    would you prefer if we were more aligned to third world conditions for our workforce?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524 ShinnerBot No.32564844524 is offline
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,924

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    have you any real data to back this up? or is it just gospel according to yourself?

    throw up some actual numbers there to stand up this claim or can we treat it as the joke it is
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ous-employment

    Things working out for the Brexicans?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    SeanieFitz SeanieFitz is online now
    SeanieFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,406

    Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    I think it takes a certain type of personality to work(long term anyway) for apple or any of the big Tech companies who see themselves as more of a cult than a corporation.

    They demand control and loyalty over your life both inside and outside the work environment , but they pay very well for this. They demand you show no individuality whatsoever and that you are always a 'team player' and into the group think of the organisation. You must show complete loyalty to them as any cult member would.

    To many this is fine , it a well paid job with great healthcare etc etc and it is worth losing part of your soul , but to others it would suck the life out of them.
    It is the 24 hr day/7 day week that is the biggest issue with working with these tech companies. With smartphone technology workers are expected to be contactable 24 hrs a day and this expectation by employers is filtering out to non tech companies also.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524 ShinnerBot No.32564844524 is offline
    ShinnerBot No.32564844524's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,924

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    would you prefer if we were more aligned to third world conditions for our workforce?
    He would, it's the final destination of all right wingers dreams of the lowest common denominator. The communists made everyone poor, the neo-liberals will make almost everyone else poor. Just look at the legacy of the financial crash along the path to their promised utopia.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    former wesleyan former wesleyan is offline
    former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24,602

    Quote Originally Posted by Man or Mouse View Post
    Only in Ireland is arriving 5 minutes late for work considered an acceptable norm.
    It's called presenteeism . Yanks are big on it. Turn up early and do SFA all day.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    HarshBuzz HarshBuzz is offline
    HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,053

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinnerBot No.32564844524 View Post
    highest minimum wage with the lowest purchasing power and the fastest growing level of income inequality. Look how well that's working for the Brits.
    another couple of interesting claims - how do you stand these up?

    The nordics are who you're trying to think of.
    they're not left wing (or else you are clearly referencing the 1970s and have not seen how Scandi socio-economics have moved on), You need to do some research. Start with Rasmussen.
    Last edited by HarshBuzz; 20th March 2017 at 12:59 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment