Register to Comment
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Notachipanoaktree View Post
    BS
    Suit yourself, it doesn't change it though.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I await the 1960-2020 figures. Rumour has it, life expectancy is dropping fast among those born after 1960.
    We could do infant mortality too. Except that would undermine your point even more.

Ah, go on so. 'Things were better in my day'. Oh wait, no. They were worse. Far, far worse.

So Apple pay call centre employees in Cork €25k, which is about 22k.

Just done looked up call centre jobs in London, and apart from the ones promising the sun, moon and stars in 'up to' earnings, i.e., telesales commission jobs, which means they earn diddly squat and get 'let go' after a month to be replaced by the next bunch of eager, naive youngsters --- actual call centre jobs earn between 7.50 per hour to 10 per hour for the more techie ones. Based on a 35 hour work week, that's in the region of 14k to 19k, assuming they get paid holidays.

Watch out for kids from London moving to Cork to earn better money and pay less rent.

Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    We could do infant mortality too. Except that would undermine your point even more.

Ah, go on so. 'Things were better in my day'. Oh wait, no. They were worse. Far, far worse.

No! It's that things are getting worse for far too many, when they shouldn't be. Infant mortality rates are dropping, yep! in the west given the plummeting birth rate, to almost nothing. In Africa, India, Brasil, China population growth is out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin3 View Post
    So Apple pay call centre employees in Cork €25k, which is about 22k.

Just done looked up call centre jobs in London, and apart from the ones promising the sun, moon and stars in 'up to' earnings, i.e., telesales commission jobs, which means they earn diddly squat and get 'let go' after a month to be replaced by the next bunch of eager, naive youngsters --- actual call centre jobs earn between 7.50 per hour to 10 per hour for the more techie ones. Based on a 35 hour work week, that's in the region of 14k to 19k, assuming they get paid holidays.

Watch out for kids from London moving to Cork to earn better money and pay less rent.
    wait till Apple Cork has outsourced its workforce to iBlueSky Resources Ltd. it will be €9.25 an hour all the way and no health insurance (you will still have to pay for one though). only self-employed goodness for MNCs in Ireland it will be ...

So Apple pay call centre employees in Cork 25k, which is about 22k.

If I were young I'd rather be on 17k in England than on 30k in Dublin/Cork. I'd be far better off in every sense.

Suit yourself, it doesn't change it though.
    Oh Yeah! What does hubby do. Pilot, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    wait till Apple Cork has outsourced its workforce to iBlueSky Resources Ltd. it will be €9.25 an hour all the way and no health insurance (you will still have to pay for one though). only self-employed goodness for MNCs in Ireland it will be ...
    They're call centre jobs. Who does them for more than a year or two at most? Your head would be turned answering calls all day after a couple of weeks. They're not great jobs, not all jobs are great jobs.

Oh Yeah! What does hubby do. Pilot, eh?
    What do you do? What does your wife do?

If I were young I'd rather be on 17k in England than on €30k in Dublin/Cork. I'd be far better off in every sense.
    You're never too old. Try it for a few months mate and then come chat, eh

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment