Register to Comment
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
    id prefer either the mondeo , honda accord or toyota avensis in that class but VW do hold their value in this country
    Its a lose/win/win for me.

I have a Mondeo at the minute, love it. Will be reluctant to hand it over. Love how it drives - Lose

The VW's hold their value like nothing else in Ireland. They are brilliant - WIN

AND, the finance deal is 0%. Its money for nothing - WIN.

I'm gonna win, bigly, win big.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post

I did not hear much mention of this in the various Media, on TV / Radio news etc??

The RTE site says something I dont get .. One day can make THAT difference??
    why would you expect anything from Radio Teilifis Emirates except for upbeat positive stories about sugar-candy mountain ?

Within 10 years self driving cars will lead to a collapse in ownership rates. People will use uber-style services and rent on demand. Few people will bother owning a car.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    Within 10 years self driving cars will lead to a collapse in ownership rates. People will use uber-style services and rent on demand. Few people will bother owning a car.
    You're still dreaming I see. It ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    within ten years it will be electric milk floats with bicycle pedals being worked furiously by all occupants. maximum speed 8 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    21% fall in new car sales for February - SIMI

Commercial:

New Car Sales Down 21 Percent in February | Industry & Business

I did not hear much mention of this in the various Media, on TV / Radio news etc??

The RTE site says something I dont get .. One day can make THAT difference??

Anyway .. whats going on here, these figures seem significant? Even a 5 or 10% drop would be seen as something to talk of BUT no discussion much anywhere on percentages like 21% fall in car sales .. 27.5% fall in commercials sales??

This ties in for me where ( from biz owner to biz owner chat ) many small to medium businesses around the country ( outside Dublin in the main ) have felt a big drop in business this January / February in comparison to last few previous years. When asked most cannot explain it.

I am not saying that this is a sign of doom, its just that it is peculiar. Maybe its Brexit fears, US Trump uncertainty ..

Lets hope this is a temporary business blip / anomaly
    stats guru samson posted that 70% of the population were living on under 230 per week, simples really

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Gatherer View Post
    within ten years it will be electric milk floats with bicycle pedals being worked furiously by all occupants. maximum speed 8 mph.
    Doubt that it will as quick as that with all the cobalt they'll be humping around, that's if there is any to be had.

A number of small business owners in the West tell me that Christmas trade was back on previous year, and that first two months of 2017 have been quieter than same period in 2016.

Online sales, difficulty of getting credit, Brexit are blamed

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    It could be a sign of tightening credit lending for new car purchases? Lots of car companies offer credit facilities to buy their cars, maybe they're not offering as much as they were before??
    there is an amount of 2nd hand cars in the market, the pdp which was so agressivly pushed will be coming home to roost next year, so either people are waaiting in the hope that there will be a flood of three year old cars on the market, or they are skint, usc and lpt are brusing, luckely iw did not materialise

Quote Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
    id prefer either the mondeo , honda accord or toyota avensis in that class but VW do hold their value in this country
    im hoping that my old mitsubisi is back on the road next week

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment