Register to Comment
Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113
Like Tree33Likes
  1. #1
    Oscurito Oscurito is offline
    Oscurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,214

    Is Ireland next in Trump's cross-hairs?

    The Mexican economy is already reeling from a few well-chosen tweets from Donald Trump that targeted car manufacturers who'd planned to set up auto-plants in that country.

    This afternoon, during his press conference, the President-Elect made similar comments about pharma companies saying:
    “We have to get our drug industry coming back. Our drug industry has been disastrous. They’re leaving left and right. They supply our drugs, but they don’t make them here. To a large extent."

    Ireland is heavily dependent on US drugs companies and the pharma and medical technology sectors employ 50,000 jobs here. Pharmacological products make up 50% of goods exported from Ireland so were this business moved to the USA, our exports would take a huge hit.

    Are we the next country in Trump's cross-hairs?

    Trump accuses Big Pharma of "getting away with murder".
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,237

    I for one think that Politics.ie should aim to get a denunciation from President Trump.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Hewson Hewson is offline
    Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    9,368

    America's drug industry is alive, busy and thriving in Colombia and Mexico.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    gleeful gleeful is online now

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,250

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscurito View Post
    The Mexican economy is already reeling from a few well-chosen tweets from Donald Trump that targeted car manufacturers who'd planned to set up auto-plants in that country.

    This afternoon, during his press conference, the President-Elect made similar comments about pharma companies saying:
    “We have to get our drug industry coming back. Our drug industry has been disastrous. They’re leaving left and right. They supply our drugs, but they don’t make them here. To a large extent."

    Ireland is heavily dependent on US drugs companies and the pharma and medical technology sectors employ 50,000 jobs here. Pharmacological products make up 50% of goods exported from Ireland so were this business moved to the USA, our exports would take a huge hit.

    Are we the next country in Trump's cross-hairs?

    Trump accuses Big Pharma of "getting away with murder".
    Those rules he complains about were written by the Republicans in congress under Bush, Jr. Those same republicans are still in congress. Nothing will change.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    Oscurito Oscurito is offline
    Oscurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,214

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    I for one think that Politics.ie should aim to get a denunciation from President Trump.
    It's a blot on our reputation that it hasn't arrived yet.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    benroe benroe is offline
    benroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,420

    How many rifles does he have?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    offalypat offalypat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,688

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    America's drug industry is alive, busy and thriving in Colombia and Mexico.
    and is very alive here too
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    Oscurito Oscurito is offline
    Oscurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,214

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    America's drug industry is alive, busy and thriving in Colombia and Mexico.
    I was about to say that a lot of the crystal meth used in the USA was manufactured in the USA but in fact these days, after a clampdown in the US, it does seem to be made in Mexico.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Socratus O' Pericles Socratus O' Pericles is offline
    Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    25,065

    Wait 'til the Russkies show that sex tapes, that'll soften (ahem) his cough.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Oscurito Oscurito is offline
    Oscurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,214

    Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Wait 'til the Russkies show that sex tapes, that'll soften (ahem) his cough.
    Manufacturers of anti-nausea drugs would make a short-term killing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment