Register to Comment
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Dimon is prize piece of crap but in this instance I suspect he is right.

I you wanted any one sign that dealing in this stuff is the crack cocaine of investing, look at how many links abound the internet
    eg
    "Irish taxi man got a tip in bitcoin in 2010, now he's a millionaire"
    coupled with a picture of a NY cabbie

And hundreds more showing bikini clad models on yachts, champagne etc

Maybe this will be the exception but almost every box (hysteria, rampant stories of rapid wealth generation, BS links, actors, "Tom G in Essex says" etc) that needs to be ticked for this to qualify it as a pumping, boiler house, bubble scam is being ticked.
    Last edited by Jack Walsh; 13th September 2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    And you don't see the irony in a banker boss saying this?
    I don't think it is any more ironic than other vested interests which seem to be largely accepted elsewhere. It's not as if Bitcoin would suddenly create a more democratic society if adopted, the reality is they would simply become another commodity to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    It's a confidence-based speculative bubble, it's only as good as the faith people have in it. As soon as the herd panics, it's gone.

Currencies need state backing, and even with that they're not immune to the herd mentality (witness 1992).

Just make sure you're not the ones holding the dead baby when everyone else has cashed in.
    That was me three and a half years ago. It seems some people are finally catching up.

Bitcoin is a fraud that's 'worse than tulip bulbs,' Jamie Dimon says - Business Insider

ofcourse its a bubble but the facts are if you invested 100€ into it at the start you would be a millionaire today

The only question is what will be the next bubble (genuinely asking)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    That was me three and a half years ago. It seems some people are finally catching up.

Bitcoin is a fraud that's 'worse than tulip bulbs,' Jamie Dimon says - Business Insider
    Sure isn't it new, it's bound to be better and different than anything that was thought of before.

There's no sap like a new sap.

The newly made millionaires will betray the said principals of bitcoin by cashing in. Had they determination to stick together and build leverage, they could hold banks and nation states to ransom.

Crypto currency and the block chain will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Activist View Post
    The newly made millionaires will betray the said principals of bitcoin by cashing in. Had they determination to stick together and build leverage, they could hold banks and nation states to ransom.

Crypto currency and the block chain will be back.
    How can they hold states and banks to ransom with a currency that does not have to be accepted?

Would you now, take your salary in Bitcoin?

A Bitcoin mortgage could be awesome or ruining....

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    Jesus wept
    You are a danger to yourself

Dealing in a combustible bubble investment and not just using charting lingo, but believing in it.
    lol.

So I was $20 out on the bounce. Called the pull back to 4030 area days before and then called a bounce from there to where it then bounced to 4700 just about. That was using technicals so how you work out that I got that wrong in some way shows how bitter you are.
    Once China rumours started to roll I got out until the dust settles. The China issue is a Fundamentals not a technical play.

Markets hate uncertainty.

Not much point talking to you JW, you've no interest in learning anything. You havent even learnt a lesson from all the money you've lost.

the losses are high down 18.5% today (against the usd) on top of similar losses yesterday
    Have we reached the fourth stage in the bubble

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    the losses are high down 18.5% today (against the usd) on top of similar losses yesterday
    Have we reached the fourth stage in the bubble
    The banks were never going to give this an easy ride. Now they are just using it as a vehicle to make money I would think.

Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment