Register to Comment
Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree345Likes

Missing: hard drive containing Bitcoins worth 4m in Newport landfill site | Technology | theguardian.com

Oh dear. Part of me wonders would it be viable to excavate the whole site, but he'd need to do it inside the next month for it work.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

As long as you pass your Bitcoins on to the next guy while extracting a profit, you'll be happy.

There is always a greater fool. Right up until the moment there isn't one.
    BBC News - Bitcoin: Experts clash over the crypto-currency

I'm buying a Unicorn with my Bitcoins

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrada View Post
    I'm buying a Unicorn with my Bitcoins
    Yeah, fck bitcoin. Lets put our "monetary faith" (because lets face it, that's all fiat currency value is based on) in the banking system and fractional reserve lending instead of a currency that dispenses with banks altogether and can't be as easily manipulated by them.

Hearing all the status quo defenders diss bitcoin so much lately in public only makes me think that they are actually starting to get worried and it has a real shot.

This is a really disruptive technology. I'm loving this.

Quote Originally Posted by dammit_im_mad View Post
    Yeah, fck bitcoin. Lets put our "monetary faith" (because lets face it, that's all fiat currency value is based on) in the banking system and fractional reserve lending instead of a currency that dispenses with banks altogether and can't be as easily manipulated by them.

Hearing all the status quo defenders diss bitcoin so much lately in public only makes me think that they are actually starting to get worried and it has a real shot.

This is a really disruptive technology. I'm loving this.
    I set up a bitchcoin wallet and visited some sites for Bitvisitor in return for payment that alas, never arrived.

When Bitcoin was set up who got the money for the first one sold and who gave him or her the right to set it up?

When Bitcoin was set up who got the money for the first one sold and who gave him or her the right to set it up?
    They had no value to begin. A Trinity grad called Michael Clear is thought by some to have set it up but he denies it.

Isn't it very interesting that we don't know 'who' invented Bitcoins ? Why might that be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Head View Post
    Isn't it very interesting that we don't know 'who' invented Bitcoins ? Why might that be ?
    Joos?

who gave him or her the right to set it up?
    Nobody - which has a good side and a bad side. The good side is the absence of government control, blah blah. But, the downside is that it means anyone can setup their own virtual currency. And it appears there are at least 30 of them now

In fact, you could even setup your own clone of bitcoin using the same protocols and same software. You just create your own separate "first coin" or genesis block as they call it and set people off mining and seling the coins to whoever will buy them. As Bitcoins become harder and harder to find, there will be a lot more interest in these alternatives, that is if the whole Ponzi doesn't collapse for some other reason first.

Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment