Register to Comment
Page 13 of 149 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 1481
Like Tree345Likes
  1. #121
    Sister Mercedes Sister Mercedes is online now
    Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21,012

    Quote Originally Posted by Verhofstadt View Post
    Where is best link to track bitcoin values.. is Bitcoin Exchange Rate Bitcoin Live Converter Preev valid?

    Currently has 1 Bitcoin = +/- 490 USD
    Its funny that something supposed to replace currency is always described in dollars.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #122
    Orbit v2 Orbit v2 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,308

    Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post
    Mtgox is an exchange.

    It is not bitcoin.

    The issues which lead to mtgox getting into a mess have not been replicated across other exchanges.

    Mtgox was possibly robbed basically, their countermeasures were not up to scratch.

    They may have been trying to do cash settlements with people, maybe it's why mtgox had a price of $100 per bitcoin against 6 or $700 on the other exchanges, who knows?

    But mtgox and bitcoin are two unrelated entities, entirely.

    It's like saying the dollar and the international clearing system is dead just because Lehmans collapsed.
    More like a bank really than an exchange - a completely unregulated bank.

    And tbh, you can't really say mtgox and bitcoin are unrelated. mtgox was part of the bitcoin eco-system.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #123
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,492

    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    Its funny that something supposed to replace currency is always described in dollars.
    Perhaps it should be expressed in barrels of oil - I bitcoin = 4.4 barrels of Brent crude. That would sure put the willies up them yankees!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #124
    Trainwreck Trainwreck is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,279

    Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    You don't ACTUALLY know what you're talking about at all, do you?

    It's kinda sweet, this childish rage, but... it's also kinda creepy...
    A little Freudian there short trousers.


    I have been enjoying a hearty chuckle for the last 6 months while the bitcoin kiddies dream that you have "invented a currency" - you didn't; "challenged the international financial system" - you haven't; escalated beyond any possible parody.

    But your enthusiasm is cute in a way.
    Last edited by Trainwreck; 25th February 2014 at 04:32 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #125
    lies lies is offline
    lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,976
    Twitter
    @

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    A little Freudian there short trousers.


    I have been enjoying a hearty chuckle for the last 6 months while the bitcoin kiddies dream that you have "invented a currency" - you didn't; "challenged the international financial system" - you haven't; escalated beyond any possible parody.

    But your enthusiasm is cute in a way.
    Never owned a bitcoin, never will. Don't like Libertarians, and am not one.

    But I do know a bit about the tech, the people involved and the impact...

    But sure, sure, you're probably right... it was all invented by a script kiddie and is meaningless... nothing to see... move along...

    And by the by, you've only been paying attention for 6 months? We should take you seriously why?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #126
    cathalrh cathalrh is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83

    He's right, Trainwreck. I'm no libertarian either. More of a progressive anarchist, if anything, and I ultimately decided against investing in Bitcoin, but the technology is literally world-changing. Satoshi was a bit of a Neo of crypto.

    Do not try to stabalise the price. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    What truth?
    There is no price.
    Then you'll see that it is not the price that stabilises; it is only yourself.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #127
    ballot stuffer ballot stuffer is offline
    ballot stuffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,150

    Quote Originally Posted by cathalrh View Post
    He's right, Trainwreck. I'm no libertarian either. More of a progressive anarchist, if anything, and I ultimately decided against investing in Bitcoin, but the technology is literally world-changing. Satoshi was a bit of a Neo of crypto.

    Do not try to stabalise the price. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    What truth?
    There is no price.
    Then you'll see that it is not the price that stabilises; it is only yourself.
    I'm just quoting this for posterity.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #128
    Trainwreck Trainwreck is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21,279

    Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    And by the by, you've only been paying attention for 6 months? We should take you seriously why?
    Because bitcoin is a completely irrelevant fad in the word of finance. And a microscopic one at that.

    I pay attention to stuff that matters.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #129
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24,492

    Libertarian -

    1.a person who advocates liberty, especially with regard to thought or conduct.

    2.a person who maintains the doctrine of free will (distinguished from necessitarian ).

    adjective

    3.advocating liberty or conforming to principles of liberty.

    4.maintaining the doctrine of free will.



    So that's all bad stuff then?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #130
    Sister Mercedes Sister Mercedes is online now
    Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21,012

    Quote Originally Posted by cathalrh View Post
    There is no price.
    Then you'll see that it is not the price that stabilises; it is only yourself.
    How can something so volatile be considered a store of value?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment