Register to Comment
Page 2 of 757 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree2378Likes

I can fairly guarantee (deluded) that house prices in good areas of Dublin will be up 7%+ for the next year, ie to about September 2014.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    I can fairly guarantee (deluded) that house prices in good areas of Dublin will be up 7%+ for the next year, ie to about September 2014.
    Will you put your money where your mouth is?

* Rents cannot increase fast enough to justify property price rises. Rents are way below where they should be to justify these house prices, probably 30-40% below. And rents are not really increasing much. This fact effects cash buyers particularly - the smart ones will realize the return is abysmal. For mortgage buyers, it is still cheaper to rent than to repay a mortgage on the same property.

Yes they can.

In areas close to Dublin City Centre rents will continue to rise 5%-8% for the next 3 years at least.

I think prices have probably risen 7% in the last month alone. I cant believe this is sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Will you put your money where your mouth is?
    Pick a charity

* Rents cannot increase fast enough to justify property price rises. Rents are way below where they should be to justify these house prices, probably 30-40% below. And rents are not really increasing much. This fact effects cash buyers particularly - the smart ones will realize the return is abysmal. For mortgage buyers, it is still cheaper to rent than to repay a mortgage on the same property.

Yes they can.

In areas close to Dublin City Centre rents will continue to rise 5%-8% for the next 3 years at least.
    I'd believe that around the Grand Canal Dock area, but not for the city as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    I think prices have probably risen 7% in the last month alone. I cant believe this is sustainable.
    Its not sustainable.

There is huge demand and even waiting lists here in Castleknock so I can only imagine the demand in even better areas

Many buyers have learned nothing from the bust and are still willing to spend mad money, but thankfully the banks are not willing to lend it.

Someone i know is currently in the market, was well outbid on two properties by at least two other people, but they couldn't secure mortgages at the price they had bid.

I very much doubt cash buyers are throwing money around, the majority of them didn't get into that position by being stupid.

There is definitely a few chancers selling atm, but they only want a sale that leaves them clear with no NE, my mate got caught by such a chancer... right at the last minute the seller "discovered" that he owed the bank 15k more than the sale price and was expecting the buyer to fund the difference.....needless to say the sale fell apart.

Pick a charity
    I was thinking on slightly bigger terms, like buying a house

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    I'd believe that around the Grand Canal Dock area, but not for the city as a whole.
    Temple Bar, Rathmines, Portobello, Grand Canal Docks, Ranelagh etc...

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment