Register to Comment
Page 1 of 65 123 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

Sean Dunne's bankruptcy....surely our government will take action?

The prospect of Sean Dunne walking away from his debts to the Irish people is such a travesty of capitalism and society that the government would have to respond....maybe by taking away his passport, his citizenship, something?

That Sean Dunne, whose ego drove him onwards to be the caricature of the Irish developer and paying stupid money for property long fare the smart money had gone elsewhere, is likely to walk away leaving somewhere between 500m and 1bn debt behind is beyond the typical joke played on the Irish people by so called capitalism.

He seems to confuse income tax with loan repayment and confuse having to employ people to do his work as philanthropy. He's claiming to be bankrupt while paying 20k a month in rent while people who bought his properties are being lined up by the banks to survive on 30 a week.

Surely our leaders in government would see fit to withdraw his passport and make it necessary to face Irish law as opposed to allowing him seek a better, faster, deal in the US courts....surely they're more interested in the well being of the Irish citizen and tax payer...right?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The Irish State taking on these debts, under FF/Greens, was the travesty to capitalism and any sort of decent society.

What is happening now concerns us only because of that crazy decision by FF/Greens.

He is renting a house at 20,000 euro a month over in the USA. crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    The prospect of Sean Dunne walking away from his debts to the Irish people is such a travesty of capitalism and society that the government would have to respond....maybe by taking away his passport, his citizenship, something?
    I'm all for scum like Dunne and his horrible wife paying a high price for their greed, but I'm afraid I have to draw the line at robbing them of their constitutional rights. I find it really worrying the number of those calling for "justice", fairness, and an end to the elites often call for measures like this. Last week it was barring relatives of TDs from standing for the Dail, this week it's this sort of thing....

Sean Dunne's bankruptcy....surely our government will take action?

DD what constitutional basis do you think the govt has to remove citizenship from him?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    I'm all for scum like Dunne and his horrible wife paying a high price for their greed, but I'm afraid I have to draw the line at robbing them of their constitutional rights. I find it really worrying the number of those calling for "justice", fairness, and an end to the elites often call for measures like this. Last week it was barring relatives of TDs from standing for the Dail, this week it's this sort of thing....
    If he had stayed here and faced the consequences of his actions I would agree with you.

However, this rat jumped off the sinking ship and ran away to America to avoid his responsibilities.
    His citizenship of Ireland should be revoked and he should be barred from entering the country.

He compares what happened to him to a game of golf FFS, he's laughing at the thick paddies from afar!

As far as I'm concerned Sean Dunne stopped being Irish when he went to the US to try to dump his gambling debts on the "little people" of Ireland by getting a quickie bankruptcy. You can't be "all for" him paying his debts but ALSO for him using the US to free him from these debts. Ironically the US wouldn't let their citizens seek bankruptcy abroad, so it's really ironic that they a facilitating him doing so.

I DON'T think the constitution was designed to let scumbags like Dunne dump €1bn of debt on the Irish citizens....what about my constitutional rights to NOT have to pay someone else's debts?
    Last edited by Disillusioned democrat; 1st April 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Why? Every time the government doesn't want to do something they give us the 'unconstitutional' excuse. Like slashing the pension of the army of bums who wrecked the economy and the lives of thousands.

Dunne and his ego-tripping wife should be hounded by the state for every cent they (collectively) own, whether here or in the US.

Losing their passports should be the least of their worries and I'd be wholly in favour of barring either one from ever coming back here.

Governments bankruptcy - shouldn't Sean Dunne take action ?

If we're going to take passports because of bankruptcy does that mean everyone in the
    country has to hand theirs back.

Dunnes self serving statement only had one sentence of sense.

How come the last government forced us to pick up his tab ?

Page 1 of 65 123 11 51 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment