Register to Comment
Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    I DON'T think the constitution was designed to let scumbags like Dunne dump €1bn of debt on the Irish citizens....what about my constitutional rights to NOT have to pay someone else's debts?
    Where's that written in the constitution?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    DD what constitutional basis do you think the govt has to remove citizenship from him?
    The Irish constitution was written in simpler times and doesn't really span this kind of scumbaggery....I would have thought the constitution would have protected me from having to pay someone else's gambling debts, but seemingly it doesn't.

Okay, so why don't the government give us a referendum tomorrow to revoke all scumbags passports so there's no confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by carlovian View Post
    How come the last government forced us to pick up his tab ?
    I'm not sure we did pick up much of it. A lot of his borrowing came from Ulster Bank and an Icelandic bank, neither of whom were paid back by the government.

The Irish constitution was written in simpler times and doesn't really span this kind of scumbaggery....I would have thought the constitution would have protected me from having to pay someone else's gambling debts, but seemingly it doesn't.

Okay, so why don't the government give us a referendum tomorrow to revoke all scumbags passports so there's no confusion.
    I wonder what constitutional basis there is for the people of Ireland to pay this scumbag's debts?

Quote Originally Posted by crossman View Post
    I'm not sure we did pick up much of it. A lot of his borrowing came from Ulster Bank and an Icelandic bank, neither of whom were paid back by the government.
    There's €250m in NAMA that will be unrecoverable in a week if his bankruptcy goes ahead....€250m buys a lot of nurses and teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Where's that written in the constitution?
    It isn't. But the constitution is an out-of-date document that needs radical revision.

We can set up special courts to deal with people trying to undermine the state, but we can't get a banker or politician before the courts to answer for doing exactly the same thing, but without guns or bombs.

There's €250m in NAMA that will be unrecoverable in a week if his bankruptcy goes ahead....€250m buys a lot of nurses and teachers.
    Yeah but you're forgetting this is p.ie. Nurses and teachers are the real enemy. Public sector scum the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    It isn't. But the constitution is an out-of-date document that needs radical revision.

We can set up special courts to deal with people trying to undermine the state, but we can't get a banker or politician before the courts to answer for doing exactly the same thing, but without guns or bombs.
    You'd almost be forgiven for thinking that the people who run the state were closer to the Dunner and his toxic ilk than the people who work, pay taxes and pay their salary....but surely that can't be the case?????

There's 250m in NAMA that will be unrecoverable in a week if his bankruptcy goes ahead....250m buys a lot of nurses and teachers.
    But hey, as long as it's all done legally, the i's dotted and the t's crossed and nobody here gets upset in case it's unconstitutional, it's all fine and dandy!

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment