Like Tree84Likes

Well that is the situation here

Could it be different countrywide ?

Could mistakes have been made ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    God help old people living alone, cannot afford heating oil nerver mind a
    computer, Some lady on TV telling them, check websites, estate agents etc,
    This government has no respect for the old or disabled, Completely out of touch
    The FFger's & "labour" TD's need to be dragged from their cosy offices and see for themselves what you describe. Of course being craven cowards I note that in many areas local FFger & "labour" TD's who were cordially invited to address the local electorate at various community meetings simply fail to turn up or make their excuses that they are otherwise engaged in an amazing show of despicable cowardice.

They are and will continue to be $hit scared of voters because now they are toast!

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    And i have a question no one has asked yet I dont think? In fact i could not find mention of same at the revenue map on LPT site.

The Q is - Whats this before and after year 2000 thing? As part of the map you need to fill in location ( electoral district on map ), the type of property and Property Built Before 2000: Yes / No

I have a regular 3 bed detached bungalow in an estate of same built mid 90's. If I answer the "Property Built Before 2000" with a Yes I am in the 150,001-200,000 band. If i answer No to the "Property Built Before 2000" question I am jumped up to the 200,001-250,000 band.

whats the difference for valuation purposes of a house built before 2000 and after 2000??

Anyone hazard a guess??

It was just another characteristic of properties that they found was a significant factor in working out the value when they were working on the sample valuation data.
    It doesn't always mean older is cheaper - I have seen some examples where pre 2000 have been valued at more than post 2000.

Checked Dublin 14 also

Post 2000 €50,000 - €100,000 less of a range.

Houses built more recently tend to be smaller on smaller plots, hence the valuation difference.

Would they not have better quality materials and insulation if post 2000 ?

It could be to look after those post 2000 as they would more likely have negative equity, bigger mortgages !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by captainwillard View Post
    Houses built more recently tend to be smaller on smaller plots, hence the valuation difference.
    Randomly pick areas on that revenue LPT map PARTICULARLY Cities / big towns. Try detached:

https://lpt.revenue.ie/lpt-web/valua...uide/index.htm

Any ones i have looked at get a higher valuation if you set the "Property Built Before 2000: " question to NO

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Would they not have better quality materials and insulation if post 2000 ?

It could be to look after those post 2000 as they would more likely have negative equity, bigger mortgages !!!!
    Negative Equity should not come into anything. If you are not selling your house it doesnt matter. This negative equity argument has been brought to forefront as if it were like not being able to pay your mortgage. In my opinion it should never be factored in as if it were the same as higher mortgages, not being able to pay etc. You can be happily be living in your house paying its mortgage with no difficulty and be in negative equity which doesnt affect anything if you are not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    Negative Equity should not come into anything. If you are not selling your house it doesnt matter. This negative equity argument has been brought to forefront as if it were like not being able to pay your mortgage. In my opinion it should never be factored in as if it were the same as higher mortgages, not being able to pay etc. You can be happily be living in your house paying its mortgage with no difficulty and be in negative equity which doesnt affect anything if you are not selling.

That is not true. Being in negative equity does change behaviour. For example owners are less likely to invest in the upkeep of their properties if they are in ne.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Castleknock

Pre 2000 - value 500,000 to 550,000
    Post 2000 - value 450,000 to 500,000
    Interesting, maybe they have more data for Castleknock, in Dun Laoghaire, older houses are cheaper, mind you, older houses in DL are mainly pre 1900 and terraced

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment