Register to Comment
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 302
Like Tree61Likes
  1. #71
    RobertW RobertW is online now
    RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,663

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    And should be given when the country is B R O K E. A word you and your buddies have trouble with.
    The country is not broke.

    We can afford our services. Ireland is borrowing to fund interest debt repayments.

    weve-largely-stopped-borrowing-to-pay-for-services-and-welfare-now-were-borrowing-to-repay-interest-on-deb
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #72
    RobertW RobertW is online now
    RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,663

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanieFitz View Post
    trouble is that a lot of PS are also B R O K E and will have little to lose, imo, when they reject CPA2!
    Do you think CPA2 will be rejected?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #73
    Fr.Ted Crilly Fr.Ted Crilly is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,373

    We have a system here where retired 'top' civil servants pensions are more than the salary of the people who are now doing the jobs they retired from.

    Banana Republic.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #74
    Clanrickard Clanrickard is online now
    Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    28,312

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    The country is not broke.

    We can afford our services. Ireland is borrowing to fund interest debt repayments.

    weve-largely-stopped-borrowing-to-pay-for-services-and-welfare-now-were-borrowing-to-repay-interest-on-deb
    Robert down the syringe and back away slowly.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #75
    Potatoeman Potatoeman is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,888

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    I did. Your point?
    It was a comparison between public and private.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #76
    RobertW RobertW is online now
    RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16,663

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Robert down the syringe and back away slowly.
    You didn't even read the link.

    Sorry for you that the facts don't conform to your agenda.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #77
    BrightDay BrightDay is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    756

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr.Ted Crilly View Post
    We have a system here where retired 'top' civil servants pensions are more than the salary of the people who are now doing the jobs they retired from.

    Banana Republic.
    And we have a Government that is unwilling to tackle the issue - probably because they pay their own staff up to €70,000 more than the €92,000 cap "suggested" by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and probably because they don't want a rule change to affect themselves. We just have to live with it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #78
    Sister Mercedes Sister Mercedes is offline
    Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,671

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    The country is not broke.

    We can afford our services. Ireland is borrowing to fund interest debt repayments.
    Would your bank let you do that? For how long?

    Also, your link says: "we are now mainly borrowing to pay interest on the burgeoning national debt."

    Mainly, not Only.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #79
    Fr.Ted Crilly Fr.Ted Crilly is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,373

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    The country is not broke.

    We can afford our services. Ireland is borrowing to fund interest debt repayments.

    weve-largely-stopped-borrowing-to-pay-for-services-and-welfare-now-were-borrowing-to-repay-interest-on-deb
    We're borrowing because we are spending more than we are taking in.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #80
    BrightDay BrightDay is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    756

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Do you think CPA2 will be rejected?
    The current negotiations are not for Croke Park 2 - they are for a facelifted Croke Park 1.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 678910 18 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment