Register to Comment
Page 1 of 43 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Is the Quinn saga a threat to our democracy ?

Listening to reports of the Munich type rally in Ballyconnell and the comments of some people there I think the Quinn saga is a threat to our democracy. Everybody was railed against, media, our courts, politicians, government etc. I found the comments of Peter Quinn , past President of C.L.C.G disturbing and he used vulgar language. No word of course about shuffling of property around among family members, huge rents coming from properties abroad etc. Quinn Insurance has an underprovision of 400 million euros in 2009. That a few thousand people will march and support this conduct is unbelieveable. Granted many of them may be from the UK jurisdiction where Peter jnr is currently on the run in a safe haven, but nevertheless it is all disturbing.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    Listening to reports of the Munich type rally in Ballyconnell and the comments of some people there I think the Quinn saga is a threat to our democracy. Everybody was railed against, media, our courts, politicians, government etc. I found the comments of Peter Quinn , past President of C.L.C.G disturbing and he used vulgar language. No word of course about shuffling of property around among family members, huge rents coming from properties abroad etc. Quinn Insurance has an underprovision of 400 million euros in 2009. That a few thousand people will march and support this conduct is unbelieveable. Granted many of them may be from the UK jurisdiction where Peter jnr is currently on the run in a safe haven, but nevertheless it is all disturbing.
    Munich type rally?

I can only assume you are making a connection between the Allianz (Insurance) Arena in Munich, and Quinn Insurance in Cavan, because you couldn't possibly be comparing yesterday to a Nazi rally.

It was just a bunch of dim witted yokels with pitchforks gullible enough to be taken in by Quinn's bullsh1t story. No threat to anyone I would have thought.

Only one party in Ireland that could be associated with a Nazi rally.

Quote Originally Posted by LOCALHERO View Post
    It was just a bunch of dim witted yokels with pitchforks gullible enough to be taken in by Quinn's bullsh1t story. No threat to anyone I would have thought.
    I suppose crowd there were oblivious to fact of the Insurance levy- I'd say more than half were from UK jurisdiction where peter jnr is hiding, and the other half from " Free State" and dont realise yet they are coughing up in their car, home insurance premiums etc.

Quote Originally Posted by james toney View Post
    Only one party in Ireland that could be associated with a Nazi rally.
    please dont bring SF, Sean Russell etc into it,and IRA helping Luftwaffe bomb Belfast-there is a time and a place for everything

Listening to reports of the Munich type rally in Ballyconnell and the comments of some people there I think the Quinn saga is a threat to our democracy. Everybody was railed against, media, our courts, politicians, government etc. I found the comments of Peter Quinn , past President of C.L.C.G disturbing and he used vulgar language. No word of course about shuffling of property around among family members, huge rents coming from properties abroad etc. Quinn Insurance has an under provision of 400 million euros in 2009. That a few thousand people will march and support this conduct is unbelievable. Granted many of them may be from the UK jurisdiction where Peter jnr is currently on the run in a safe haven, but nevertheless it is all disturbing.
    Not once we all see it for what it is. That is, analogous to the "RIRA" funerals. pathetic, amoral and manipulative.

The Quinn saga is a tragedy, but then people do bad things, and their past job creation does not absolve them from recent sociopathic greed.

The appropriate response is to highlight the under-provision by Quinn Insurance and the language used by the courts in describing the Quinn family.

We used to have Absentee landlords, now we have failed Oligarchs. They need to be called out as such and given the contempt they deserve.

If I was responsible for foisting a 2% levy on all insurance premiums for 25 years I'd be too embarrassed to show my face in public.

They deserve our contempt and we are right to voice it confidently.

please dont bring SF, Sean Russell etc into it,and IRA helping Luftwaffe bomb Belfast-there is a time and a place for everything
    A rabid blueshirt like yourself,calling it a Nazi rally Admit it, your only half awake this morning?

No.

But at least it gave you a chance to have a barely concealed dig at the GAA and the Nordies.

Quote Originally Posted by LOCALHERO View Post
    Correct. No different than the hayseeds in Tipperary North lifting the mountebank Lowry shoulder high whenever he's re-elected

Page 1 of 43 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment