Register to Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

According to that Forbes article:

Providence Resource’s [AIM:PVR] proved out a billion-plus barrel find in the Barryroe oil field just 45 miles offshore in the Celtic sea.

Exxon discovered the existence of those resources almost a half-century ago
    . But only today’s technology unleashes it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

i guess what we have to be careful about; providence have an interest to overstate the value to get the drill permit. as a nation we want to ensure that the minimum extracted value to citizens is worth more than the environmental damage

We'll get our usual cut, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    I've been hearing a lot about oil and it may or may not be there, but if it is there, can we do it like Norway does it- significant revenue and strong Irish involvement throughout the value chain?
    Norway started exactly the same way as us. Invited in the big foreign oil companies, got them to do the expensive exploration work and then taxed the crap out of them when the profits rolled

In my day Black Gold referred to coal. Anyway, we've the real stuff here in Wexford.

Goldrush - News - Goreyguardian.ie

Will RTE be commissioning a new TV soap called Dalkey.......?

I'll get my coat.

Quote Originally Posted by patslatt View Post
    THe market value of the exploration companies are a few billion euros if I remember correctly. The benefits to Ireland could be a multiple of that depending on how much contract work and processing are done here rather than by UK contractors. THe tax take on corporate tax could be small,worth maybe the 25% tax rate multiplied by the market value of the exploration companies. But that would not have a big impact on our €120 billion GNP economy. Security of supply of oil would be greatly improved but Ireland would have to pay full market prices for this expensively produced oil.
    It is not too late, I think, for the Irish Government to insure that all service work is done from Irish bases. Knock, knock!

Scotland has created 100,000 jobs in this area alone.

The government should be in a position to guarantee that the following services are provided from Irish sources. Aberdeen is situated on the East Coast of Scotland; they are already net working to service the Atlantic Seaboard, west of the Shetlands, around Rockall and down the Continental Shelve. Ireland could not be more strategically place if we planned it ourselves. Tax Incentives should be offered to West of Ireland and BMW businesses to get involved by forming alliances with international agencies, who already supply the oil and gas industry in Scotland, Norway or the rest of the world.

Ports/harbours should be constructed now. The British government set up the Offshore Supplies Office (OSO) in order to insure that they got the full benefit from the servicing of the Oil and Gas industry in the North Sea. The U.K. and Norwegian governments were excited before even commercial deposits of Gas were found in the North Sea. Thomas would not believe until he saw the wounds! What do the power brokers of Leinster House Dail need to see, before they believe?

Down with that sort of thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment