We have been through this Keynesian type scenario so many times it is ridiculous, kicking the can down the road is pointless unless we can cut our cloth immediately. I would edge a little towards Hayek but not completely.
1) Slash the social welfare spend in one week with biometric ID cards for every person over 16 on the Island.
2) Draw up plans to leave the Euro and show the Troika the plans (it is a bluff of course, tell the Multinationals discreetly it is a bluff also, but it works for Greece)
3) Whip the backside off the banks for all the lies they are still telling us,start firing some of these criminals, for a start
4) Begin teaching Science/IT from age 7 in every school
5) Get a real business man to attack the HSE / Civil Service / Justice department, the mission is simple, make Ireland the least corrupt, crime free, low cost Country in the Euro Zone with low corporate tax and highly educated English speaking young workforce.
Implement these basic tactics immediately and the investment will come in. Expand or Die!
If the Euro does not fall tomorrow, i will eat my dog!
Please do something positive if you wish to protest, find a Government TD (either Party will do) cook him / her and feed the dog, at least one person will be able to say they received some value from our elected Government.
Politics.ie is one of Ireland's leading politics and current affairs discussion websites with more than 600,000 visitors a month. Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.