Register to Comment
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

I'm not surprised. I was there recently and went to a cash register desk to buy something. The staff member at the desk said I couldn't pay for that particular brand at that desk, I had to go to another desk. She then pointed at an empty desk and walked away herself.

Thankfully a very helpful staff member did deign to accept my money, but only as I was on the verge of dropping what I had and walking out.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Do Clery's own Michael Guiney's ?? If they do then aaarrrgggh,Micheal Guniey's is the only shop in Tralee I can afford to shop in.

Really sad news....the herald is reporting jobs in the store will be unaffected...but Guineys of Talbot St. will be closing...as well as other stores in group

Again, very sad.

My late mother used to take me to Guineys...hours spent rifling threw baskets

When she and my father 'courted' they often met under Clery's clock.

A terrible loss for the employees, the city and it's citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Blossie View Post
    Do Clery's own Michael Guiney's ?? If they do then aaarrrgggh,Micheal Guniey's is the only shop in Tralee I can afford to shop in.
    They do.

I wouldnt worry about this, I have a firm belief that Enda is going to save us.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    If they are to be taken over I'd lobby for John Lewis over Debenhams anyday, I think they've gone to the dogs now - crappy service and permanent false "sales". I hate Debenhams.

Never had a John Lewis in Brum but we're getting one as part of the New Street rail station redevelopment, which is great.

Funny - until the revamped Bullring about 10 years or so ago, Brum only had one department store which is mad for the second city with over a million people. There were two but Lewis's closed in the 80s I believe.

Then Bullring opened and we got two more at once, Selfridges and Debenhams. We also have a small Harvey Nichols but it's not really big enough to call a department store TBH. We had a medium-sized regional one which opened later too so for a time we had five if you counted Harvey Nicks - but sadly the regional chain was taken over by House of Fraser so that branch was shut.

Still it's nice to have 3 proper department stores and one mini one after years of having just the one!
    Now was that ONE dept store "the back of Rackhams" by any chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    I wouldnt worry about this, I have a firm belief that Enda is going to save us.
    Yep, the 5 Point Plan and all that malarky.

Same old, same old.

Rest assured that all those Clerys workers have a place booked at JobBridge.

O'Connell Street is almost the Wild West these days. It would need to be a tempting store to lure shoppers.

Sad day for the employees and suppliers.

Only on News at 1 they were talking about it being acquired. Fairly confident that all the jobs in the main store will be saved.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment