Register to Comment
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    The state provides an unreal amount of services.
    Paid for by the tens of thousands of stamp duty I have paid in the last 12 years (3 house moves).

Any chance you could list all the wonderful benefits that my taxes provide me because the last I checked I pay for absolutely everything out of my own pocket (and probably several other people too).

This state does nothing for me but take.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

You know basically every Western State has a Property Tax. I think I can actually remove the word basically, but I'll keep it just to be safe.
    Name 1 with a property tax like ours please . Before you do i mean exactly like ours where you pay for all your house hold services seperatly pay income vat etc . Ie a property tax that you dont get a damn thing for.

Ill save you some time there isnt one.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    Ahem eh ,They also said they would reduce the number of junior clowns ,special advisors ,pay caps lol .See where I`m going with this.
    You must remember that we are dealing with scum ,these people have no shame .They will cut everyone and anything, except if it effects themselves.Thats the elephant in the room ,government by the elite for the elite .
    Therein

Two of Noonans FG acolytes in Limerick County Council have claimed over euro 50,000 EACH in travelling expenses for 2011. Thats nearly 1,000 euro for each week of the year,assuming they didnt take holidays. How could anyone spend such an amount on fuel? No recession for these spoofers. The councillors in question are Mary Harty and Richard Butler,who incidentally,have no offices or staff.

I agree completely with the fact that this is all BB 1984 type spin.

However what I find interesting is his statement that 0.5 per cent of market value would average €625 across the country. This implies an average market value of €125,000.

On Daft just now,

- out of 4,107 properties for sale in the Dubin region, 87% (3,591) are quoted at €125,000 or greater
    - out of 2,282 properties for sale in Co. Tipperary, 71% (1631) are quoted at €125,000 or greater
    - for Galway it's also 71%, Mayo 65%, etc.

Ok, the prices on Daft may be overstated - but I still don't see where he get's his "average" from. In fact I recall some reports at the start of the summer saying that national average house prices were in the region of 170,000.

Most interestingly however is how these figures illustrate that this is going to be a Dublin (and PAYE) tax.

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post
    Paid for by the tens of thousands of stamp duty I have paid in the last 12 years (3 house moves).

Any chance you could list all the wonderful benefits that my taxes provide me because the last I checked I pay for absolutely everything out of my own pocket (and probably several other people too).

This state does nothing for me but take.
    All the stamp duty is gone. Used to pay for everything the government were spending money on in those years. Blame them for not spending it better and you should.

First off you take benefits from the state, mainteance of roads, the Gardaí etc. Second the point of the Welfare State, which naturally takes up a huge part of the state's expenditure is to protect the weakest in society and everything from money, to education to a health service is provided for the weakest in society. On another thread there are people complaining that the government are cutting too much and we all saw the protests regarding cuts last week. Ironically it's often the same people who are doing both.

Quote Originally Posted by cytex View Post
    Name 1 with a property tax like ours please . Before you do i mean exactly like ours where you pay for all your house hold services seperatly pay income vat etc . Ie a property tax that you dont get a damn thing for.

Ill save you some time there isnt one.
    Once again pretty much every western state has income tax vat etc. We have a massive deficit, we aren't paying enough for all we're getting as it is(and I mean that as a whole nation).

Twitter
    @

spin, baby spin, and spin some more!!!

I talked to a English spin doctor at a family do a few years back ( he was invited via my cousins partners sister : eh!), whom worked for a govt.. minister, and he told me his classic mantra was " a person is smart, but the people are dumb" . I don’t know if he made this nugget of wisdom up himself, or quoted someone else, but I’d say by observing the cut of his jib later on when he was well pished up, he stole from another source. Any how! he also stated a classic manoeuvre , was to kite fly the worst case scenario, let the people howl, and gnash their teeth, dribble and cry a bit, about the elderly, the carers, the sick, the unemployed, let the media go wild, and then push the relevant minister forward, to say this was not indeed going to be the case, and things will not be as bad as first leaked. ie put the ************************s up the populace, and then sucker punch them with a lesser evil, which everyone sighs, that the proposal is not too bad, compared to the original kite. Therefore the govt.. gets pushed through exactly the agenda it set out to do...

mmm.. sounds very familiar doesn’t it folks.. imf says 0.5%, Noonan rides in on his charger, and says no way buckos, it will be 0.25%.. lesser of two evils,, happy clappy supporters raise him up on their shoulders, and shout ! "Up Nooney" yer a great fella.. for standing up the the dark forces of the imf/ecb.. WTF!!!...

again "a person is smart, the people are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by OnceACulchie View Post
    I agree completely with the fact that this is all BB 1984 type spin.

However what I find interesting is his statement that 0.5 per cent of market value would average €625 across the country. This implies an average market value of €125,000.

On Daft just now,

- out of 4,107 properties for sale in the Dubin region, 87% (3,591) are quoted at €125,000 or greater
    - out of 2,282 properties for sale in Co. Tipperary, 71% (1631) are quoted at €125,000 or greater
    - for Galway it's also 71%, Mayo 65%, etc.

Ok, the prices on Daft may be overstated - but I still don't see where he get's his "average" from. In fact I recall some reports at the start of the summer saying that national average house prices were in the region of 170,000.

Most interestingly however is how these figures illustrate that this is going to be a Dublin (and PAYE) tax.
    I noticed that too, without even bothering to go to Daft I could see as plain as day that figure was a massive lowballing of the estimated cost of the property tax, something else that seems to have gone unchallanged by our wonderful fifth estate.

You know basically every Western State has a Property Tax. I think I can actually remove the word basically, but I'll keep it just to be safe.
    If that was a valid argument, we wouldn't need a government to set any policies - we could always just do what everyone else did.

Once again pretty much every western state has income tax vat etc. We have a massive deficit, we aren't paying enough for all we're getting as it is(and I mean that as a whole nation).
    Name one with a housing tax like ours .

With over 50% of my wages going on tax i can honestly say yes i am paying enough.

maybe your not in that case go nuts and give the bankers your whole salary .

My house has nothing to do with the goverment the bankers or anything else so get your gruby hands of it thief.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment