Register to Comment
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Gill View Post
    I dropped in to take the thread seriously and I find myself in mindless generalities.

And to think I apologised this morning.

Silly me.
    That's alright, I've given up on this thread.

I've leave you and Maurice (the L'oreal generation) to look down at us mere workers, keep sending us your bills, we'll keep picking up the tab.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Check this link from the UK The most dangerous people in Britain carry free bus-passes – Telegraph Blogs

There are more over-65s Britain than under-16s. As a group they will require more spending, over a longer period, and funded by fewer people than ever before.
    In 2013, the government expects to spend 1 in every 5 on pensions, more than is spent on the entire NHS.

[QUOTE=The most dangerous people in Britain carry free bus-passes Telegraph Blogs[/QUOTE]

The source says it all - the Daily Torygraph. This is irrelevant - under 16's do not contribute yet. Over 65's have contributed - some of them still do. The key figure - which is not mentioned is the bit in between, the 16 to 65 year group who are the current contributors. Lets face it, by the time the the u16's get their bus pass, all but a handful of the current over 65's will have shuffled off this mortal coil. Although we'll all have self driving hover cars by then anyway, so there probably won't be bus passes.
    Last edited by hollandia; 13th September 2012 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    That's alright, I've given up on this thread.

I've leave you and Maurice (the L'oreal generation) to look down at us mere workers, keep sending us your bills, we'll keep picking up the tab.
    Your white flag is accepted,paulp.

We paid your bills in advance. Imagine the interest!

I'm afraid your grasp of economics leaves a lot to be desired. But you are obviously young, and time heals just about everything. Goodnight.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment