Register to Comment
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Quote Originally Posted by an innocent abroad View Post
    When is the Troika going to deal with the excessive cost of government, pay, expenses, pensions, golden handshakes, quango's charity king and queens, local government???? While they continue to remove more money from peoples incomes, without cutting the waste and inefficiencies in these sectors..

The divide and conquer policy's to keep the eye off the appalling cost of this government!

When is the Troika going to deal with these issues?
    The Troika have no role in deciding the policy priorities. All they care about is that we have cut the overspending back to a manageable level by the time their money runs out next year.

Representatives of the Troika have made it very clear that they find it incomprehensible that the Government is still avoiding cutting the pay, perks and pensions of the insiders.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post
    The Troika have no role in deciding the policy priorities. All they care about is that we have cut the overspending back to a manageable level by the time their money runs out next year.

[B]Representatives of the Troika have made it very clear that they find it incomprehensible that the Government is still avoiding cutting the pay, perks and pensions of the insiders.

Ah.... The Marie Antoinette syndrome!

[Q

I know of people on the file who are getting most of ye above paid, and only last week bumped into a friend, on welfare, showing me there lovely new state father art smart phone which they just upgraded from their old iPhone! They bought the kids laptops and iPads for Christmas, while getting bus fees and school books paid for!

Yeah, tax child benefit and screw me even more! Of you do, make sure you cut the dole too cos pretty soon I'm gonna voluntarily join the queue cos you only live once and I ain't wasting my life being a mug and paying and working for anyone else by me and my family!

Give me much more of a reason and I'm ready to riot I swear to fnck!![/QUOTE]

load of bulklschite, familys nearby have had to shell out, next door had one starting secondary, bus is costing 150 for a quarter, add in the cost of uniform, books, a good lunch, fruit, i could go on and on, to say that welfare stump up for electronics is a fallacy, why do you not pretend to be an out of work, head of to the welfare people, tell them you need a lappy and an i fone, then come back on here and tell us the brand names of them, then their value, an old saying seems to suit you, it says you need to change your dealer mannn.
    Last edited by im axeled; 29th August 2012 at 08:34 PM.

Does Ireland have a system whereby benefits can continue briefly after you get a job?

I always think that since when you actually start work you might not actually get your first pay for a month, then keeping benefits going for say four weeks from your job-start date could encourage people into work, because they won't have to worry so much about money until they get their first salary.

It's expensive when you first get a job - you might need new clothes and you suddenly have to start paying for transport costs etc. to get there you didn't have when you were unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    The glourious leaders have informed the government of their orders for the budget.

It makes strange reading.

eliminate poverty traps, how do you do that?

For instance?

Sounds like to me they want Child Benefit stopped for the rich.

Time limits on welfare?

Where are the jobs mr EU?

And this is just a joke

EU warns Government over need to reform welfare system - The Irish Times - Wed, Aug 29, 2012
    excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    Does Ireland have a system whereby benefits can continue briefly after you get a job?

I always think that since when you actually start work you might not actually get your first pay for a month, then keeping benefits going for say four weeks from your job-start date could encourage people into work, because they won't have to worry so much about money until they get their first salary.

It's expensive when you first get a job - you might need new clothes and you suddenly have to start paying for transport costs etc. to get there you didn't have when you were unemployed.
    They did, then they got rid of it when the crisis began!

joined up thinking!

They did, then they got rid of it when the crisis began!

joined up thinking!
    Sigh. I thought as much.

I genuinely think the small extra expense would actually save more money quite quickly. I really think it would encourage people into jobs, especially low-paid ones.

How does forcing people of the dole into non existing jobs help reduce poverty?
    Starvation has always reduced the number of poor people.

When is the Troika going to deal with the excessive cost of government, pay, expenses, pensions, golden handshakes, quango's charity king and queens, local government???? While they continue to remove more money from peoples incomes, without cutting the waste and inefficiencies in these sectors..

The divide and conquer policy's to keep the eye off the appalling cost of this government!

When is the Troika going to deal with these issues?
    On top of this they want us all fighting over abortion to take our eyes off them robbing from our trouser pockets........that can wait, it's only been 10 years.

[/B]

Ah.... The Marie Antoinette syndrome!
    What happened to her ?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment