Register to Comment
Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Fintan O'Toole spells out how much Quinn is undisputedly costing us - 31 July 2012

In today's Irish Times, Fintan is in fine form, spelling out, as he does, just how much the actions of the Quinn Group/Sean Quinn (delete as appropriate) are costing us.

Support for shameless Quinn is misplaced - The Irish Times - Tue, Jul 31, 2012

TAKE ALL the money raised this year by the cuts in child benefit. And from cutting the school clothing and footwear allowance. And all the cuts to jobseekers’ benefit, rent supplement and fuel allowances for the elderly.

Throw in the restriction of one-parent family allowance to children under seven. Pile on all the cuts in back-to-education allowances and community employment schemes. Take all of that money from the pockets of the poorest people in Ireland this year and you still haven’t reached the amount Seán Quinn agrees he owes the Irish taxpayer.

This is nothing to do with the €2.3 billion he borrowed from Anglo Irish Bank to buy its shares. This is the €455 million he borrowed to buy property – using that property as security. In all the noise and distraction, this much is undisputed: Quinn borrowed the money and put up the property assets as collateral. The State, however idiotically, took over that loan. Since Quinn can’t pay it back, the Irish people now own those properties.
    Sean Quinn has his defenders (Liveline 23 July 2012 - Sean Quinn and his defenders and #vinb Tue 24/7/2012: Anglo: Book him Danno! … and him … and him … and him … ) , but I wonder what they would say about O'Toole's article?

Will they pen a letter to Sir, to put O'Toole right?
    Last edited by ShoutingIsLeadership; 31st July 2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: changed one word
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    If hes lucky. Watch your back Fintan
    Youre dealing with some very dodgy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Scrabble View Post
    If hes lucky. Watch your back Fintan
    Youre dealing with some very dodgy people.
    He may have to involuntarily join me in my boycott of Cavan

All this from the guy whose paper had a weekly property section as big as a phone book!!! They must be feeling the pinch too....

Quote Originally Posted by ottovonbismarck View Post
    All this from the guy whose paper had a weekly property section as big as a phone book!!! They must be feeling the pinch too....
    I believe they call that 'whataboutery'

Laughably inaccurate and fictional demagougery,

It's so bad that it doesn't even make me angry,,

I expect nothing less from Tin Tin and that rag of a paper!

If I was the Irish Times, I'd spend a bit more time worrying about my own finances, and a bit less making up rubbish about Sean,

I believe that sales are down big time, I read about it on the Internet somewhere

Sean Quinn is a businessman. Businesses take a punt. Sometimes they win; sometimes they lose. Sean Quinn gambled. He lost. End of story. Time to forget and move on ... Web pick up the tab

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    In today's Irish Times, Fintan is in fine form, spelling out, as he does, just how much the actions of the Quinn Group/Sean Quinn (delete as appropriate) are costing us.

Support for shameless Quinn is misplaced - The Irish Times - Tue, Jul 31, 2012

Sean Quinn has his defenders (Liveline 23 July 2012 - Sean Quinn and his defenders and #vinb Tue 24/7/2012: Anglo: Book him Danno! … and him … and him … and him … ) , but I wonder what they would say about O'Toole's article?

I won't defend Quinn for an instant, however O'Toole is well off the mark economically as usual because even if the government recouped the Quinn money it would only offset these cuts for one year and they would still be necessary the following year to close the deficit which is a current expenditure problem where as recouping the bailouts and NAMA monies is a one off item.

Thank god there are still people like Fintan O'Toole in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Laughably inaccurate and fictional demagougery,

It's so bad that it doesn't even make me angry,,

I expect nothing less from Tin Tin and that rag of a paper!

If I was the Irish Times, I'd spend a bit more time worrying about my own finances, and a bit less making up rubbish about Sean,

I believe that sales are down big time, I read about it on the Internet somewhere
    Point out the bits you disagree with and why, Mr. Ribeye!

Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment