Register to Comment
Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 159
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #1
    dazzler dazzler is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    956

    Labour want to increase prsi

    Cant find a link but on RTE news. Joan Burton said PRSI intake is far less than what is spent on social welfare and something has to give. Rather than cut the very generous rates of social welfare she wants to increase prsi for employees and employers. A tax on employment is the last thing we need. Workers already pay too much to fund social welfare recipients including those who are too lazy to work and those who choose not to work because of a lifestyle choice offered by high welfare paymentd. If something does have to give cut welfare.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    44,931

    You didn`t look too hard
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Knapaghbeg Knapaghbeg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,232

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzler View Post
    Cant find a link but on RTE news. Joan Burton said PRSI intake is far less than what is spent on social welfare and something has to give. Rather than cut the very generous rates of social welfare she wants to increase prsi for employees and employers. A tax on employment is the last thing we need. Workers already pay too much to fund social welfare recipients including those who are too lazy to work and those who choose not to work because of a lifestyle choice offered by high welfare paymentd. If something does have to give cut welfare.
    Has Joan thought of reducing payouts to lee than what she takes in in Tax?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Mossy Heneberry Mossy Heneberry is offline
    Mossy Heneberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,333

    You can see it here: Tnaiste Eamon Gilmore defends Joan Burton's PRSI comments - RT News

    Beggars belief that Labour think it's fine to tax employment.

    Why not bring in propers means testing for social welfare families?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    Normal Lord Normal Lord is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    505

    Labour are a strange party at the best of times. Folks will have to decide who they hate most FG or Lab!
    We are at the stage where taxation is just damaging the economy and making any hope of a recovery a distant one.

    Until the Government has a real strategy for growth, this is just moving deck chairs around on the RMS Titanic..ultimately pointless.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    44,931

    We cannot increase everything just to protect CPA.

    Employers PRSI is only paid by non public sector companys.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Knapaghbeg Knapaghbeg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,232

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    We cannot increase everything just to protect CPA.

    Employers PRSI is only paid by non public sector companys.


    The State could pay it as well for the public sector and pay it to itself.

    We can't afford to pay huge pensions to teachers, guards, nurses who retire at 50 to 55 and expect a pension after 30 years service for the next 45 to 50 years of their life.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    44,931

    Did she mention whether pension levy covers the cost of PS pensions ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Knapaghbeg Knapaghbeg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,232

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Did she mention whether pension levy covers the cost of PS pensions ?
    Pensions are paid out of current Revenue. We have raided and devoured our National
    Pension fund.

    Without Economic Growth pension entitlements must be cut or our enterprise sector must be mugged.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    brim4brim brim4brim is offline
    brim4brim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    338

    Labour trying to protect their vote against all logic and reasoning and makes them look like fools.

    They'll make all these kinds of illogical statements and then a more realistic budget will come out and everyone will go, it is not as bad we thought and take small tax increases.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment