Register to Comment
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    No justification for any government anywhere to tax more than 50% of anyone's income.
    Talk to the Danes, that leftie nonsense really made a mess of the place....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle View Post
    Nope, hes right, a friend of mine works for a professional placement agency and they are run off their feet at the moment. Note the distinction, appropriately skilled people, not have a go cowboys and spoofers

I wasn't classifying everyone as cowboys and spoofers, I thought that was self evident. The point I am making is that there is a lot of work for specific job types with the required skill set. Unfortunately, manufacturing, retail and construction aren't among them. That does not imply there are plenty of jobs and I never suggested otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic4orce View Post
    Nope, hes right, a friend of mine works for a professional placement agency and they are run off their feet at the moment. Note the distinction, appropriately skilled people, not have a go cowboys and spoofers

I'm sorry, if everything has to explained to you to the nth degree to avoid confusion that's not my fault. Employment agencies deal with these people (have a go cowboys and spoofers) everyday. Now, is that clear enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMc View Post
    Two weeks ago Cork University Hospital were interviewing for two consultant urologists. Although the English based consultant being interviewed was blown away by the 170,000 euro basic pay; he was flabbergasted to learn that ‘extras’ would bring his pay up to the 250,000 euro “Mickey Mouse Money” plus he could engage in private practice.
    His current salary in London is 90,000 UK pounds (60K + 30K for seniority, London allowance etc.) and that’s it…no private practice ‘lotto’ money can be earned.
    When even urologists aren't sure whether we're taking the piss with 'some' salaries, what hope do we have???

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    And less attractive for social welfare recipients to take up work.
    No if you cut welfare as well (something that will have to happen anyway).

Consultants in the UK get between £70 - £100,000 Pay for doctors - NHS Careers

A starting salary for a nurse is £21,000.

On Sky news last night they were discussing Jimmy Carr and his tax avoidance and they said average pay in the UK is £28,000.

There population is 15 times larger than ours so how can we justify collecting taxes from our small population to pay overpaid PS.

Quote Originally Posted by Knapaghbeg View Post
    Much of what we are borrowing is used to pay welfare more than 20 billion per year. Cutting welfare by 33% would be a good start to reduce our cost base and provide an incentive to take a job.
    strange that it slipped your mind that a lot of this borrowings goes to paying the highest paid public servants in europe. lets cut them by 33% first

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    strange that it slipped your mind that a lot of this borrowings goes to paying the highest paid public servants in europe. lets cut them by 33% first
    The more I think about this the more depressed I get. We're borrowing money that needs to be paid back - I sometimes think people are actually ignoring the fact that this isn't a Bertieesque "dig out" but a loan that the not so nice people from the ECB and IMF are going to want back at some stage.

So our leaders have decided not only to take too much of this generations tax to over-pay themselves, but are happy to dip into the pockets of generations as of yet unborn to maintain their cosseted lifestyle and avoid making any real decisions. My kids and grandchildren will be paying for this government and the current public sector's largesse.

Borrowing for anyother purpose than to secure an asset is absolutely insane - a mortgage makes sense as the borrower hasd an asset at the end and avoids paying rent in the meantime, but borrowing to maintain a lifestyle is absurd - how many time have we collectively tut-tuted on posts about families going to money lenders to pay for a communion dress they can't afford and don't need - well guess what, that's what our "leaders" are doing.

So many interviews coming up to the last referendum were about why we had to vote Yes "to keep our access to borrowings open", and with a twinkle in the eye each minister or junior minister would explain why this was important to their target audience - to pay for the public services, pensions and social welfare - basically, as if we didn't already know, so they can continue to keep the public service happy in their cossetted over-paid bubble, keep the grey vote happy with their decent state pensions and of course to keep the entitlistas happy.

Oddly NO airtime was given to any discussion about the fact that we shoud stop borrowing, cut our cloth to meet the measure and pay our politicians, public servants and social welface recipients as much as we can from the current tax income.

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    Or alternatively you could say the vast bulk of it goes to pay private sector services procurement year on year or indeed the that all of it goes to pay social welfare.
    This highest paid public servants charge is getting tedious, some are, some aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    The more I think about this the more depressed I get. We're borrowing money that needs to be paid back - I sometimes think people are actually ignoring the fact that this isn't a Bertieesque "dig out" but a loan that the not so nice people from the ECB and IMF are going to want back at some stage.

So our leaders have decided not only to take too much of this generations tax to over-pay themselves, but are happy to dip into the pockets of generations as of yet unborn to maintain their cosseted lifestyle and avoid making any real decisions. My kids and grandchildren will be paying for this government and the current public sector's largesse.

Borrowing for anyother purpose than to secure an asset is absolutely insane - a mortgage makes sense as the borrower hasd an asset at the end and avoids paying rent in the meantime, but borrowing to maintain a lifestyle is absurd - how many time have we collectively tut-tuted on posts about families going to money lenders to pay for a communion dress they can't afford and don't need - well guess what, that's what our "leaders" are doing.

So many interviews coming up to the last referendum were about why we had to vote Yes "to keep our access to borrowings open", and with a twinkle in the eye each minister or junior minister would explain why this was important to their target audience - to pay for the public services, pensions and social welfare - basically, as if we didn't already know, so they can continue to keep the public service happy in their cossetted over-paid bubble, keep the grey vote happy with their decent state pensions and of course to keep the entitlistas happy.

Oddly NO airtime was given to any discussion about the fact that we shoud stop borrowing, cut our cloth to meet the measure and pay our politicians, public servants and social welface recipients as much as we can from the current tax income.

you would think that what has happened in this country both on a domestic level and as a nation the penny might have dropped , but no it appears not

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment