Register to Comment
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Twitter
    @

[QUOTE=Gerry Atrick;5275068]

One assumes they will pay CGT on what they received for the company.
    no figures were announced, its all hush, hush with NY based company, do you expect full declaration?

I hope revenue keep an eye on Hain Celestials accounts...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maker View Post
    How much did Enterprise Ireland spend grooming and presenting these guys?

http://www.agservicesgroup.com/RoleM...Colum_Case.pdf

How much did that 1 document cost?

Its a bit like how the Central Bank green lighted Anglo

EI green lighted, marketed and spot lighted these guys.

What pay back for the tax payer?
    The tax contributions of the staff will pay back the taxpayer 10 fold and more

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Would that not have been the case anyway? assuming it's a healthy and viable company and that Hain's hasn't bought it in some sort of fire sale?

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    how many executive salaries are there?

how many employees are there? are they on Tesco type wages? requiring FIS top up and council housing?

Excellent products and I can understand them selling , but would be nice to have more multinationals that are Irish based and so retain the profits and Head office functions anf jobs here

No reason why it cant happen more often .....so i think its notterrible but prefer if it had remained an Irish company

And yes ,their mushroom soup is yummy and any grants they would have received would be more than covered by taxes paid in probability , not that it will stop the begrudgers

Price of an open economy I'm afraid - you win some, you lose some.

Glenn Dimplex have just closed the Valor gas fire factory which has been making fires a mile or two from my parents house for decades, and moved production to the ROI - probably a few more jobs for you there (or you'll be invaded by Brummies relocating to Ireland, which may well me a just punishment - yow tuk ower jobs, innit!).

Its awful news for Ireland. It grows the gap between GDP and GNP. What if Nokia had sold to a US Multinational once they started getting somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maker View Post
    how many executive salaries are there?

how many employees are there? are they on Tesco type wages? requiring FIS top up and council housing?
    Even if they were all on the minimum wage, then all wages would have been spend in the Irish economy
    Has to be worth more to the economy than being on the dole

Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    Excellent products and I can understand them selling , but would be nice to have more multinationals that are Irish based and so retain the profits and Head office functions anf jobs here

No reason why it cant happen more often .....so i think its notterrible but prefer if it had remained an Irish company

And yes ,their mushroom soup is yummy and any grants they would have received would be more than covered by taxes paid in probability , not that it will stop the begrudgers
    I'm not begrudging them at all. Good luck to them and I'd prefer they were able to do this than have the 'state' interfering and running things.

I simply think if the 'state' is going to invest in companies like this via grants, aid or whatever, that the 'state' needs to adopt a new approach which secures some equity in the companies in which it invests - (as a silent non interfering partner).

At least then when sell offs happen the state gets a share.

If venture capitalists etc. won't invest in companies without equity etc., then why should the 'state'?.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    Would that not have been the case anyway? assuming it's a healthy and viable company and that Hain's hasn't bought it in some sort of fire sale?
    Most likely so - the sale of the business will have little impact on the local economy initially
    But it seems likely that the US investors will expand the business and employ more locally
    So more tax for the State will be the result

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment