Register to Comment
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    When does the "long-term" start? Or is it just something we toy with in between bubbles?
    It have been happening during the celtic tiger. Hopefully we have the experience to do it right the next time. Saying we don't want building jobs now would be a bit like stimulating the economy during a boom, and cooling it during a recession ... oh wait, we do that as well.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    Did anyone catch the An Taisce drone on RTE at 1? started bringing up Peak oil and that we shouldnt be chasing intrenational trade, those guys have really jumped off the deep end
    I heard that. It made little sense, particularly since Europe and Asia have been trading for thousands of years without oil. After all, Marco Polo did not fly to China. Very fatalistic.

Quote Originally Posted by OrdoVeritas View Post
    You are aware that Irish spoken english is the purest form of english
    Define purest.

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Happy days - I hope some Global Chinese Company rows in behind Westmeath GAA and we get sponsorship to rival our amibitions.
    This is a slippery slope. You'll end up with a team of pampered, over-paid Westmeath galacticos (Cooper, the Brogans, Ronaldo) managed by Josť Mourinho, sponsored by the Communist Party of China. Disastrous.

Look I have lived in China and most of the jobs to be had will be in the initial construction phase. The Chinese companies if they come like to hire people who are familiar with the company and the products they will be selling. Therefore, more than likely they will send over a trustworthy member of staff who is already employed by them. The plus side for Athlone is that the visiting businessmen will boost the restaurant and hotel trade in the area. The workers who move over will obviously need houses to stay in as well.

When I first read about this, I suddenly realised we've been here before.
    Remember this project?

Politicians want flags removed as Tralee jobs fail to materialise - The Irish Times - Tue, Feb 07, 2012

In common with this latest project, nothing quite added up somehow.

To facilitate our new Chinese buddies, the town shall now be renamed Athrone...

Quote Originally Posted by bactrian View Post
    Good Job Catalpa. Never pass up an opportunity to express xenophobia!!
    Not sure if I have right to say that. I am not Chinese but understand them well. All I can say is be careful when you deal with Chinese. What they promise is A but always turns out something ONLY good for them, not others. Dealing with Chinese is always difficult when their honesty is in question all the time. Don't count your chicken yet.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by 中村義川合田 View Post
    Not sure if I have right to say that. I am not Chinese but understand them well. All I can say is be careful when you deal with Chinese. What they promise is A but always turns out something ONLY good for them, not others. Dealing with Chinese is always difficult when their honesty is in question all the time. Don't count your chicken yet.
    Are you this Nakamura???

Only benefit will be what the workers buy outside the colony, but better then nothing! Maybe when things reverse we could be making the high-tech chinese products for next to nothing for the Chinese middle-class.

[QUOTE=Dublin 4;5261060]Are you this Nakamura???
    Yes Nakamura is the English name but not the guy though

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment