Register to Comment
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    Did it last summer for the first time in over 10 years. Never again. Roads on the ring of Kerry ruined our car, overpriced bad food everywhere we went,rained for six straight days jesus i could go on and on.

Last time I did the ring of Kerry I couldnt see out the windows of the car - such was the extent of the rain and mist coming in from the sea - even though it was broad daylight in peak summer season.
    After that experience I have never holidayed in Ireland again and never will
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Went to Connemara last year and had a great time. Planning on going back again this year.

If it was just up to me I'd head for Connemara, West Cork or Kerry every year. Plus when you're confined to the school holidays it's way cheaper than travelling abroad. We rented a lovely house about 5 miles from Clifden for a week and it cost less than the flights alone would have to anywhere on the continent, never mind accomodation.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Went to Connemara last year and had a great time. Planning on going back again this year.

If it was just up to me I'd head for Connemara, West Cork or Kerry every year. Plus when you're confined to the school holidays it's way cheaper than travelling abroad. We rented a lovely house about 5 miles from Clifden for a week and it cost less than the flights alone would have to anywhere on the continent, never mind accomodation.
    We go to West Cork every year for at least 2 weeks (parents + 2 sprogs). Thinking of breaking this year because we had poor weather recently - but the cost of going abroad in the Summer is much higher. Might stick with West Cork for the Summer and try to get away to the continent for a few days off-season. Still have kids in school so more or less stuck with expensive periods when school is off.

Quote Originally Posted by publicrealm View Post
    We go to West Cork every year for at least 2 weeks (parents + 2 sprogs). Thinking of breaking this year because we had poor weather recently - but the cost of going abroad in the Summer is much higher. Might stick with West Cork for the Summer and try to get away to the continent for a few days off-season. Still have kids in school so more or less stuck with expensive periods when school is off.
    The wet weather is a pain when the kids are small alright. We went to Connemara last year as it offers a bit more of a safety valve. Clifden is nearby and there are more activities to do if the weather is bad.

Goleen is my favourite holiday spot bar none though.

Surely the logical place to go is Greece.

Might do the world of good to be somewhere worse off?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    The wet weather is a pain when the kids are small alright. We went to Connemara last year as it offers a bit more of a safety valve. Clifden is nearby and there are more activities to do if the weather is bad.

Goleen is my favourite holiday spot bar none though.
    Come up North.

It's cheaper and it's easy to take in a few different places in a week.

@ eskrimador,

Greece is great on many levels. Sun, sea, sand, food, history, antiquity.

But I could not support a country that has a Black Economy worse than our own!

Qui bono?

Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    Surely the logical place to go is Greece.

Might do the world of good to be somewhere worse off?
    With the imminent financial collapse of Greece, its the last place you would want to book a holiday for
    What with food shortages, no electricity, no petrol and a starving and desperate local population
    You would be risking your life by taking a holiday in Greece over the next few years

Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    Come up North.

It's cheaper and it's easy to take in a few different places in a week.
    The north never really did it for me to be honest. I have a soft spot for the Hook Peninsula but the southwest and Connemara are the places I really like.

Actually, never been to the Aran Islands. Anyone know if they're worth a visit? Got 3 kids, so need to bear that in mind.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment