Register to Comment
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree22Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    For comparison of wages have a look at this.

Debt crisis and Greek debt talks: live - Telegraph

In 2009, Cowan was earning in excess of €214,000 p.a It was cut to €200,000 p.a when Kenny took office.

Taoiseach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And in Norway, where the GDP (PPP) per capita is $52,012 & nominal is $84,443, the Prime Minister's salary is $211,000 (=€158,250). This is an upper estimate. In 2007, according to the Hay group, the Taoiseach was getting €231,700 & the Norwegian Pm was getting €122,100.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by greenwithirony View Post
    And in Norway, where the GDP (PPP) per capita is $52,012 & nominal is $84,443, the Prime Minister's salary is $211,000 (=€158,250). This is an upper estimate. In 2007, according to the Hay group, the Taoiseach was getting €231,700 & the Norwegian Pm was getting €122,100.
    The point being the Taoiseach is still taking home double the salary of the Greek PM. Another way to look at it is; Kenny is taking home the same as both the Greek PM and the head of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by the_Observer View Post
    We obviously donít have the home grown talent in Ireland so we need to compete to attract talented people to Ireland. Unless we would prefer the jobs go to a son of a GF connected gombeen business man ?

Yes, itís unfair but thatís capitalism.
    What kind of talent is this of which you speak??? ̶S̶̶i̶̶r̶ Fred Goodwin? Joe Cassano? Jon Corzine? The guys at Goldman Sachs who cooked Greece's books?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    The point being the Taoiseach is still taking home double the salary of the Greek PM. Another way to look at it is; Kenny is taking home the same as both the Greek PM and the head of the opposition.
    Oh I know, I'm agreeing with you, just adding to the mix. Norway is the richest ("real") country on the planet with the highest HDI & is relatively unscathed by the financial crisis (cos they never let the gobsh1te$ looking for tax-breaks take control) & even still their PM gets a significantly lower salary than ours...

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Is it a case of the Irish natives can eat cake?
    No. It's a belated and long over-due recognition that we have been attracting a very skewed population of low-earners and welfare-claimants to come here and add to our fiscal deficit.

This measure is inadequate. Will they please give us a target of the number of high-earners they expect to attract here over the next five years and the expected extra tax they will contribute- as a yardstick, a bench-mark even, to enable the success of policy to be measured?
    Because, unlike our political establishment, I don't want to re-elect people because their intentions were plausible but because their policies were effective.

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    Let us be crystal clear. You edwin are a Fianna FŠiler, and no Fianna Failer for the rest of eternity has got any right to dare to use the words "respect for democracy" after your party oversaw Nice II, Lisbon II, the illegal denial of three by-elections, the attempted debasement of the very voting system itself with the e-voting attempted coup - because that is exactly what it was - and finally the abandonment of Irish sovereignty to the IMF/ECB.

How dare you. How dare you!
    On the plus side, you managed a post without your usual litany of boringly over the top insults. Apart from that, I'll dare to say anything I darn well like because we live in a functioning democracy that accommodates voting and free speech. Just because you don't like the results you're screaming blue murder. You know what, tough sh1t, that's life and you just have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Emperor View Post
    In my opinion,when Sinn Fein didn't make the breakthrough in the last election,they never will.
    The next election will be the one for Sinn Fein-if they do not have a big day then, they will stay where they are for a long time.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment