Register to Comment
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Pitiful. The employment contracts of senior civil servants need serious reform.. there is a generation of them who are taking the piss. I know it will be complex and difficult but it needs to addressed if this state is to have any legitimacy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Never enough money for the people but more than enough for those in the public service and elites.

Quote Originally Posted by LamportsEdge View Post
    The Director of Corporate Enforcement pulls a stroke. The Head of the Garda Investigation team looking into 'events' in Irish banking quits and accepts a job with a bank.

Things are looking up.

I have to say, ladies and gentlemen, that the signs emanating from official Ireland on the subject of corruption and investigation of same do not look good.

The Garda investigation has gone very quiet. I think we are going to have to remove a lot of people at the top levels of the Irish state one way or another. That seems to be the only way to stop the public pension gravy train in its tracks.
    I doubt any of the original experienced gardai are still involved in this 'investigation'. I bet they've all been bumped over to some irrelevant section and replaced with newbies with almost zero experience from traffic.

The beneficiaries of dodgy bank dealings do not have much longer to wait..........Not long now, the public have nearly forgotten.

then it will be job done, champagne all 'round.

This country is just a feeding trough for it's pseudo-elite.

Even if Appleby is a fine fellow, he inhabits a world where gombeen parasitism has run out of control.

It has infected both public and private sectors. It needs to be brought to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Don't worry folks, his kind will not be collecting their pensions for very long!
    I wish you were right, but I dont think Paddy is upto the job.

another patriot retiring with loads of moolah!

The steady drip drip of strokes being pulled in the cause of personal enrichment by those who are apparently charged with containing corruption does nothing whatsoever to convince anyone that there isn't a kleptocracy in governance in Ireland.

Four years after the Garda banking investigation is announced and the former regulator of that sector is still mysteriously down some rabbit hole and cannot be seen anywhere in public.

It has been a while now since the Garda agonised with us over the difficulties they had in accessing evidential documentation at Anglo. That issue appeared to be resolved (to Garda whoops of joy or dismay?) when various experts came forward and showed them how the information could be retrieved.

Another silence. A pause.

One could be forgiven for thinking that there is an Inspector Beckett in charge in Ireland. A wail. A pause. 'We can't go on. We'll go on. Rien pas.'

With apologies to the average uniformed Garda dealing with all sorts at street level. No offence intended your way but senior Garda are not doing much for the professional reputation of your organisation. I suspect we are in a crisis of confidence in the institutions of the state in the Irish Republic at this time worse than France ever experienced with the Dreyfuss case.
    Last edited by LamportsEdge; 12th April 2012 at 11:41 AM.

you have to see that the ordinary joe soaps in this country do not matter. we are only election fodder. these super so called guys are entitled to all this just like ahern, cowen, j. bruton, sutherland. before appleby retires he should have been brought before a dail enquiry and made to explain himself about what was he doing for the last four years as regards the investigations into the banking collapse.

Greed trumps all.

Morals, integrity, patriotism haven't a hope in Ireland anymore.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    We seem to be getting more eejit posters on this site by the week

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment