Register to Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree7Likes

UK bankruptcy of developer Ray Grehan extended to 2021

Seven year extension of bankruptcy for the biggest cowboy of them all, for failing to come clean about all of his assets.

We still need to know who the bankers were that lent f**kwits like this, half a billion euros at the height of the boom.

But, at least it's good to know that the COMI con job used by Grehan and Ivan Yates among others, isn't quite the stitch up they thought it would be, and that UK bankruptcy trustees are quite diligent at their job.
    Last edited by Orbit v2; 18th November 2014 at 07:46 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

'One Hyde Park'. That is an awful lot of money just so you can write that address on top of a letter.

And that is about the only use for that address. I cannot understand why anyone would even want to live off Hyde Park.

Then again the sort of people who would pay that kind of money purely for the imaginary cachet of the address will always exist I suppose. They are welcome to it.

Aswarm in summer, traffic noise all year 'round and the worst sort of neighbours you can possibly imagine- if there are any neighbours at all and the apartments aren't empty most of the time.

Not much chance of popping out quickly for a bottle of milk and the newspaper. I doubt you could pay me enough to make me live off Hyde Park.

Imagine visiting someone who lives there. They probably spend all their time impressing people by name-dropping the people who own the other apartments- own them, mind. but who are rarely if ever there.

'So basically you have spent 14million to live in a timeshare and there isn't even a corner shop'.

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rausmaus Von Schnellkat View Post
    'So basically you have spent 14million to live in a timeshare and there isn't even a corner shop'.

Heh.

But yet the property has held its ridiculous value as practically all UK properties involved in the Celtic Tiger demise have, it could have been so much worse.

One can only hope Nama is co-operating with UK to clip Grehan's wings and try to reduce his/their debts

Quote Originally Posted by Rausmaus Von Schnellkat View Post

Heh.

Any further news on NAMA and Grehan, did he get away from their grasp.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment