Register to Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ringsend Charlie View Post
    If you looked at Charles Haughey or Brian Lenihan's relations, then you wouldn't expect them to be FF, but when you consider the grubby men themselves, you can see why they hopped on that wagon.
    What are you talking about?

I made the point that I knew some of the Grehans and they were staunch FG back in the 90s.

You then talk about relations of the Haugheys and wagons. Are they in FF or not? When did they join? If it's only idle futile speculation, well we'll file the comment it under "rubbish" or "made up nonsense", whichever you prefer.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post

I made the point that I knew some of the Grehans and they were staunch FG back in the 90s.

You then talk about relations of the Haugheys and wagons. Are they in FF or not? When did they join? If it's only idle futile speculation, well we'll file the comment it under "rubbish" or "made up nonsense", whichever you prefer.
    Along with "Our plan is working" "we've turned a corner" and "I won the money on a horse whose name I can't remember". ...

The pending 'legal action' is a bit disconcerting. All too often there seems to be some legal avenue for people to pursue. NAMA wants its money from former developers who helped push the price of land and property to stratospheric levels, and reaped the benefits, lifestyle and social standing (according to the Sunday Independent) that came with it at the time. Now when faced with repaying the loans that afforded them these luxuries there are cries of 'foul' all too often.

If I owed money to a bank and didn't repay, or the bank was convinced my plans to repay were unrealistic or "bordered on the fanciful" (to quote Justice Peter Kelly in the Carroll case), I'd be laughed out of it if I took legal action.

What are the Grehans going to claim? That their 'constitutional rights are being breached'?

The only winners are the solicitors & accountants.

My point relates that people like Haughey and the Lenihans gravitate towards FF because it was lucrative to do so, irregardless of their own family's beliefs. Grehan did likewise, he was no more concerned with FF's once held core beliefs than they were. It is irregardless what political beliefs his family hold, it is about the money, same as it was for Haughey and the Lenihans and many others in that party. FF is all about the Money and Power, not politics or ideology or a vision for the country, which other parties have, whether you agree with them or not is immaterial.

With specific reference to the Lenihans, they have had relations working for CumannNaGaedhal, Fianna Fail, the Gestapo and British Military Intelligence. They gravitate towards whoever is in power, who ever can pay them or be used to advance their own self interests. The moving defense and eulogies of CJH by the young Lenihans, even though they knew he had robbed from the Cancer fund of their father, a cancer that killed him. They got about 5 years at the Cabinet table in thanks for turning the back on Snr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringsend Charlie View Post
    ...the Gestapo...cancer...
    Ah look, if that's the level of debate, I will graciously concede and you can pat yourself on the back.

I retract my suggestion and accept your point that the Grehans and Hitler were all part of the Lenihan family.

Ah look, if that's the level of debate, I will graciously concede and you can pat yourself on the back.

I retract my suggestion and accept your point that the Grehans and Hitler were all part of the Lenihan family.
    You questioned whether Grehan was FF'er and said that some of his relations were staunch FG. I pointed out that in FF, there are numerous cases of where family or political ties are of no importance but where money and power are. Grehan was greedy, he had no concern for any party but his own Power, wealth and ambition, I think that it is very relevant to show that the Lenihan family are like that, hopping from point to point, following the money, turning on friends,betraying family and political allies to reach their goals, satiate their desires. It is the type of man I am referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzy121 View Post
    Another ff property developer bites the dust. Good riddance to bad scum.

Nama takes control of Grehan properties - The Irish Times - Thu, Apr 28, 2011
    Sometimes vengeance is a dish best served cold! Let them develop a few ulcers instead of big monstrosities that their use to developing!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonica View Post
    The only winners are the solicitors & accountants.
    For that, I think we can all be grateful.

Well they have declared bankrupt in the UK.

He's probably enjoying a pint in Maynooth as we speak, well the last time I saw him a few weeks ago that's what he was doing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment