Register to Comment
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by macs magic View Post
    So much for Kennys claim that an election would bring certainty.
    You are the kind of knuckle dragging tribal gob************************e this country desperately needs rid of.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

So much for Kennys claim that an election would bring certainty.
    Good God, what are you on about? Did you think it would happen overnight. The final count is still not in in Galway.

Deep breath, calm, calm, calm ... ignore!

Now, back on topic please

Robut

Are you uptight because i mentioned Enda the lion?

Of course it has something to do with him.Governments are meant to bring confidence.Bloomberg Are reporting its uncertain what the new Government is going to do on the banking front.That doesnt send out a good message.

If i had money here from abroad,it would be away to the UK or Germany
    pathetic.. the election was Saturday and already you're trying to hold them responsible for our current mire.

This is the type of sh!te we can expect for the next few years as FFers do their usual disservice to the nation

AS I SAID ... Just ignore. Who ever says these things is now winning. You have already left them hijack this thread by responding.

Robut

A similar figure - €100bn - mentioned by someone else some where else:

Banking meltdown will cost

"Former Finance Minister Alan Dukes has claimed the likely cost of the banking meltdown will end up at around €100bn."

I remember this on Vinnie B

Robut

Great blueshirt replies,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Head View Post
    "The rise comes as the banks embark on a short-term project of issuing government-guaranteed bonds to themselves so they can access ECB cash."

Bit of a shell game really isn't it ?

The big lads are taking their money out bit by bit each month and we(via loading onto the state) are covering their asses? Presumably this is just conforming to rules about the cash they have to keep?

How much is depositied in the six? IF there was a real run on them.Which I doubt.

Edit 225bn Irish deposits
    A lot will now depend on who gets the position of Minister for Finance.

Suffice to say, appointing Mary Lou McDonald as Minister for Finance is the last thing you need to do right now !!! Stuffing Anglo with Northern Bank notes will not fix the leak.

I reckon the job should be given to Peter Matthews. Or maybe Shane Ross. Definitely somebody who knows the flaws of the banking system, and who is determined to cut the rot out of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    A lot will now depend on who gets the position of Minister for Finance.

Suffice to say, appointing Mary Lou McDonald as Minister for Finance is the last thing you need to do right now !!! Stuffing Anglo with Northern Bank notes will not fix the leak.

I reckon the job should be given to Peter Matthews. Or maybe Shane Ross. Definitely somebody who knows the flaws of the banking system, and who is determined to cut the rot out of the system.
    Oh I don't know about that. I think the damage is done at this stage and that whoever is Minister for Finance is pretty much irrelevant.

Last night's Frontline was depressing to watch... Pipe dreams by the Shinners and the left in general, who knowing they hadn't a chance of getting into Government, promised all sorts of BS and continue to bang on about their reckless strategies because they'll never have to implement them.

Ireland will default. Whether it's called a 'default' or 'restructuring' or whatever is irrelevant. It will happen. But it needs to be done in a calm and structured way as opposed to the unilateral BS proposed by the left.

Anyone who thinks our problems are going to be solved in a year or two is deluded. This is going to be a long haul journey during which there'll be plenty of turbulence...

It's a very short, logical step from the "burn the bond-holders" line that we've been hearing so much lately to "burn the deposit-holders" so it's hardly surprising that many are pulling their money out of Irish banks.

It also seems clear that the government default that many are advocating would also mean that the €100k deposit guarantee would be worthless.

If I had any savings worth talking about, I'd be putting them on deposit abroad too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment