Register to Comment
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

What is a tv licence for?

i GIT MY TV LICENSE RENEWAL AND I HATE PAYING IT.WHAT IS IT FOR.I GET SKY AND DON'T WATCH THE 3 IRISH BASIC CHANNELS THROUGH PIPE SO Y DO I HAVE TO PAY?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Someone needs to pay for Tubridys wages!!

Seriously most of the programming on RTE is poor at best. Its nearly all repeats.

Quote Originally Posted by mindyk007 View Post
    i GIT MY TV LICENSE RENEWAL AND I HATE PAYING IT.WHAT IS IT FOR.I GET SKY AND DON'T WATCH THE 3 IRISH BASIC CHANNELS THROUGH PIPE SO Y DO I HAVE TO PAY?
    Because Pat Kenny and his fellow FF cronies need to maintain their luxury lifestyles. Kenny was paid €260,000 in 2004, but today he gets close to €900,000, but as Pat and Pals will soon tell you, its ordinary public servants with their two paycuts and pension levy that are the problem.

Now tighten your belt and be grateful for you’re free cheese you ungrateful wretch.

to pay for quality RTE shows such as Tubridy's and Brendan O'Connor's on Fri & Sat night.

Also for RTE to hold government reps to proper accountability on current affairs shows.

So, clearly you are getting value for money on both counts

Once you have a telly you have to pay the license. Even if you are only using it to watch DVDs or playing console games.

You can refuse to pay it, but then you may have a bit of a battle on your hands with the TV inspector.

It's a protection racket. If you don't pay you get locked up.

Its a form of taxation, there is no way that the dung RTE puts out costs anywhere near the amount they take in. Was listening to the 6 o'clock news while reading this and the lies and spin that are being broadcast are unbelievable. As a softener to the budget the TV licence should be scrapped. RTE needs to feel the pain

I'm not paying it. They sent me several renewal notices and I signed them all and sent them to RTE with a photo of me giving them the fingers saying I wasnt paying for shyte like Ryan Tubridy or Joe Duffy anymore and I will go to jail for it, I dont care. I am not paying my licence anymore, I barely watch TV anyway and never RTE (nor listen to their rubbish radio stations either.)

I know i sound moany but its the worst thing ever to pay.i hate it it kills me to pay it..i mean a dog license is cheaper and they are living things

The Worst TV station in the World servicing the Worst TV audience in the World.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment