Register to Comment
Page 15 of 501 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

6.064 now
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

should i take my savings out of anglo now?

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Ah - the National Conference Centre - the grandest symbol of excess and hubris that historians will associate with Celtic Tiger madness in generations to come.
    Ceauşescu comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommythecommy View Post
    Yes it hit it at 10.00am
    Bloomberg is saying the daily high is 6.06% where are you looking?

Quote Originally Posted by grafter1 View Post
    Sailor i dont think that's fair. I have studied Economic history throughout my life and i am genuinely scared and what lies ahead not just for Ireland but the world itself.

History tells us that massive economic shocks lead to wars, racism & extreme ideologies.... it would be hard to envisage this all ending well.
    +1

Sailor, perhaps you are wondering why we all don't just go out and commit suicide, like the Great Leader said??

And stop talkin down the Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    Holy God now RTE are reporting 6.108% - do they know something that we don't?
    Bloomberg updates are 15 mins behind - 6.108% has probably been hit already.

Bloomberg currently at 6.064.

Not that it would achieve much but i do think B.C. should address the nation now.

The average public servant and social welfare recipient need to be clear of what's ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I compliment those who have been keeping us informed on this issue in such a timely manner. But I despise those among them who take such obvious joy in their country's misfortune. Maybe they would care to tell us why it gives them so much pleasure. I can only speculate that their motivation is purely party political - particularly as thread after thread on the banks attract comments from these people without a single criticism of the prime culprits, the banks. It's a bit like attaching the main blame to the gardai when a murder is committed and ignoring the role of the murderer.
    The prime culprit is whoever appointed Neary and encouraged and fed the bubble with massive property reliefs, Galway tents etc and mentioned that anyone questioning the status quo should go and commit suicide.
    You must be an FFer I guess.
    Sure the banks , the Cheap money from Europe were factors but the govt did not do its job in regulation of either banks or the property market and in fact made the situation much worse.
    Rotten and corrupt FF-shame.

I am not in any way trying to play down the seriousness of this development
    You're certainly trying to distract attention away from it anyway.

RTE is saying 6.108% now

I compliment those who have been keeping us informed on this issue in such a timely manner. But I despise those among them who take such obvious joy in their country's misfortune. Maybe they would care to tell us why it gives them so much pleasure. I can only speculate that their motivation is purely party political - particularly as thread after thread on the banks attract comments from these people without a single criticism of the prime culprits, the banks. It's a bit like attaching the main blame to the gardai when a murder is committed and ignoring the role of the murderer.
    To be honest I am just a bit scared and confused like most of the population. All I know is the number going up is bad somehow and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Ive been prudent and careful and a good little citizen and now I am apparently up to my t1ts in it. Other than pitchforks and burning torches I can only respond with humour (or at least my vague attempt at it)

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment