Register to Comment
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

what property crash, the programme last week was trying to scare people bout voting for change, house's are over priced anyway
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Yes they were overvalued to begin with, thats the problem, now as we come down off this high were ************************************.

It's not lower house prices people have a problem with, it's the domino effect on debt and employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal_001
    Yes they were overvalued to begin with, thats the problem, now as we come down off this high were ************************************.

It's not lower house prices people have a problem with, it's the domino effect on debt and employment.
    I cant see any major problems as the market cools off. Many of the foreign construction workers will return home. Investors who comprised 40% of purchasers in the housing market in recent years, will certainly lose as they find it more difficult to rent to temporary workers.
    The government will lose a little revenue on income tax sure-but its not the end of the world.

and all those people stuck wth massive mortgages theyll never pay off for over valued properties will just shrug their shoulders

A LITTLE? Its a huge chunk of revenue that comes from this area.

without it theyll be in desperate straits . Little has been done in the way of investment for alternative mainstays of the economy . One alternative was the energy sector but of course it was much more prudent financialy t just give all that oil and gas away and not even look for tax or royalties for it

I'm actually starting to see merit in the latest theory that FF are actively trying to loose the election so FG/Lab will be in power when the chickens come home to roost.

When you tie in the property crash, the resource give away, high inflation and the MNC's doing a legger to the far east, It kinda makes sense that FF would not want to be left holding the bag and the mugs that are the Irish electorate will swallow the bull drip fed to them by FF in opposition that it was all FG/Labs fault. Government collapses and where back to FF in power infinitum. Cute Hoorism gone mad??

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle
    I'm actually starting to see merit in the latest theory that FF are actively trying to loose the election so FG/Lab will be in power when the chickens come home to roost.

When you tie in the property crash, the resource give away, high inflation and the MNC's doing a legger to the far east, It kinda lakes sense that FF would not want to be left holding the bag and the mugs that are the Irish electorate will sallow the bull drip fed to them by FF in opposition that it was all FG/Labs fault. Government collapses and where back to FF in power infinitum. Cute Hoorism gone mad??
    I know the electorate have the memory of goldfish, but i don't think one year into the next governments term that anyone is going to forget that fianna fail have been in power for the last ten. While i'm generally quite happy with the current government the one issue i am very disappointed with is how they let house prices spiral out of control. Fair play to McDowell for dangling stamp duty changes in the budget over people last september (even though it had nothing to do with him) in conjunction with rising interest rates, it made people stop and look at how high they had climbed price wise. Government intervention without actually intervening. This crash could have been a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle

When you tie in the property crash, the resource give away, high inflation and the MNC's doing a legger to the far east, It kinda lakes sense that FF would not want to be left holding the bag and the mugs that are the Irish electorate will sallow the bull drip fed to them by FF in opposition that it was all FG/Labs fault. Government collapses and where back to FF in power infinitum. Cute Hoorism gone mad??
    Thats possible accurate. McDowells brother said that this an election to lose(for Fianna Fail & PDs) and lose happily.
    The opposition get in to pick up the pieces and all the s**t that Fianna Fail leave behind.Berties speculators pack their cash laden satchels and step aside for a spot of golf in Marabella, and his TDs eventually return triumphantly, to power to cause more chaos and mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by untouchable
    Thats possible accurate. McDowells brother said that this an election to lose(for Fianna Fail & PDs) and lose happily.
    The opposition get in to pick up the pieces and all the s**t that Fianna Fail leave behind.Berties speculators pack their cash laden satchels and step aside for a spot of golf in Marabella, and his TDs eventually return triumphantly, to power to cause more chaos and mayhem.
    That's the usual routine as I see it. But if the worst happens it's better that Fianna Fáil aren't in government. They don't have it in them to make cuts, reduce inflation and do the unpopular things necessary to lay the foundations for growth. They object to those measures in opposition.

The timing of this slump with regard to the election is remarkable.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment