Register to Comment
Page 3 of 676 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 6751
Like Tree1102Likes
  1. #21
    petervalhala petervalhala is offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,808

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpartyboy View Post
    Typical pro immigration strawman argument, when the Irish went to the us/Australia they got absolutely nothing handed to them and foreign investment is here for tax breaks and cheap/educated workforce, they would leave in the morning if it suited them but we still have to support all the unemployed foreign workers, again another rubbish left argument.
    You certainly prove the profile of the average racist - low education

    Australia does indeed have a welfare system to be admired, one that doesn't tolerate idleness and dependency.

    Deliberate Govt policies have resulted in past and continuing FDI

    Plus the Welfare 2010 bill means we wont have to support anyone, as those claiming JOBSEEKERS allowance, who refuse a suitable job will not longer receive the Dole. This will happen regardless of their colour or nationality
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    Tigris Celtica Tigris Celtica is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    951

    Quote Originally Posted by petervalhala View Post
    We didn't, we 'imported' people to work, directly caused by 150k natives refusing to work
    Yes we did - We imported plenty of scammers who had no intention of working. Why should they when they can live off the generosity of the hard working Irish taxpayers ? And if all the immigrants came here to work, why are there so many of them still here claiming Irish taxpayer funded benefits now that they have no work ? ?

    150k natives did not "refuse to work" - They couldn't work in a completely distorted labour market (where they're expected to pay their mortgage and support their family ) being paid the same rates that a single Eastern European living 30 to a house in Blanchardstown and subsisting on cold Swedish dumplings bought in bulk from Lidl could live on.

    Without the ridiculous levels of immigration that occurred being allowed, the labour market would not have been distorted in that way - Neither would the property market, and it is that grotesque distortion of the Irish property market that is the root cause of much of our current problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by petervalhala View Post
    To claim welfare a person has to be habitually resident in Ireland for two years
    Absolutely and demonstrably untrue - Are you saying that the so-called asylum seekers and Roma gypsies (to give just two examples) were given no money/housing/support from Irish taxpayer funded public funds until they had been resident in Ireland for two years ? - Grow up ! .
    Last edited by Tigris Celtica; 6th June 2010 at 12:17 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    nonpartyboy nonpartyboy is offline
    nonpartyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,434

    Quote Originally Posted by petervalhala View Post
    You certainly prove the profile of the average racist - low education

    Australia does indeed have a welfare system to be admired, one that doesn't tolerate idleness and dependency.
    The bread and butter argument of the average pro immigrationist - racist. Your an arsehole, but you don't see me using that as my first point in every argument. You aren't even a clever pro immigrationist as you have to resort to the racist card straight away, your hardly even worth arguing with, at least some of your fellow travellers can string a few arguments together.

    And as for australia, you mentioned 150 years ago not me. I can guarantee you there was no welfare system in australia 150 years ago, and in case you didn't know they stick undesirables in camps these days. Must try harder !.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    Cassandra Syndrome Cassandra Syndrome is offline
    Cassandra Syndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    24,816

    Quote Originally Posted by petervalhala View Post
    Of which 270k claim for the full five days

    There are jobs announcements every few days

    There are approximately 160k training places available free of charge for those who want to work and need upskilling
    Job announcements? There are about 1,000 to 2,000 jobs out there.
    Training places? People I know who are unemployed are doing colleges courses paid out of their own pocker, because the alternative "training" from the state is a joke.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    Maximus Cynicus Maximus Cynicus is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    880

    Quote Originally Posted by petervalhala View Post

    There are jobs announcements every few days
    Very good, nearly flew under the radar that one. There are indeed job announcements every few days - NEGATIVE announcements like Quinn (900 redundancies), BoSI/Halifax (750 redundancies), Pfizer (785 redundancies) etcetera.

    Do advise the yahoos in Mount Street to stop watching the Yes Prime Minister boxset and up their game
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45,622

    All the recent job announcements have been welcome. Unfortunately they are all in the 50/120 range and are to be created over a 3 to 5 year time frame with the support of EI.

    Just so you understand the pressure

    238 people every day are losing their jobs.

    Next year 15,000 will lose their jobs.

    This is stabilisation Fianna FAIL way.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    Maximus Cynicus Maximus Cynicus is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    880

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    All the recent job announcements have been welcome. Unfortunately they are all in the 50/120 range and are to be created over a 3 to 5 year time frame with the support of EI.
    And, something to be borne in mind about these positive job announcements. These figures will be "fluid", perhaps even inflated. I know from experience - working in a MNC start up some years ago, an announcement was made for 65 jobs, yet the most the company ever employed was 14. However, that is rarely the case with redundancy figures - these figures are always a lot more accurate.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    An Gilladaker An Gilladaker is offline
    An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,623

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigris Celtica View Post
    Yes we did - We imported plenty of scammers who had no intention of working. Why should they when they can live off the generosity of the hard working Irish taxpayers ? And if all the immigrants came here to work, why are there so many of them still here claiming Irish taxpayer funded benefits now that they have no work ? ?

    150k natives did not "refuse to work" - They couldn't work in a completely distorted labour market (where they're expected to pay their mortgage and support their family ) being paid the same rates that a single Eastern European living 30 to a house in Blanchardstown and subsisting on cold Swedish dumplings bought in bulk from Lidl could live on.

    Without the ridiculous levels of immigration that occurred being allowed, the labour market would not have been distorted in that way - Neither would the property market, and it is that grotesque distortion of the Irish property market that is the root cause of much of our current problems.



    Absolutely and demonstrably untrue - Are you saying that the so-called asylum seekers and Roma gypsies (to give just two examples) were given no money/housing/support from Irish taxpayer funded public funds until they had been resident in Ireland for two years ? - Grow up ! .
    [/QUOTE] Grow up !

    You should make reasonable demands otherwise you may be disappointed
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45,622
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    45,622

    Sympathies with those that lost their jobs today in McElhinneys. Hopefully new work will become available.

    And to the other 200 or so that lost their jobs throughout the country.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment