Register to Comment
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    Probably easier to do upon the seas.

Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves.

BB&GG
    Eckshually "Britannia waives the rules". The Cunning Plan (TM) behind Brexit.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

BB&GG
    While I very much appreciate all of this Irish frivolity I must return to my main talking points:

The EU is falling apart, the Germans are hellbent on destroying Ireland, Ireland can only survive by re-joining the UK etc.

Wake up you fools!

Quote Originally Posted by jams odonnell View Post
    While I very much appreciate all of this Irish frivolity I must return to my main talking points:

The EU is falling apart, the Germans are hellbent on destroying Ireland, Ireland can only survive by re-joining the UK etc.

Wake up you fools!
    Sorry Jams. The Irish are a frivolous race.

I once read a book on the concept of building dams from Wexford to Wales and from Larne to Portpatrick and then pumping out the "Irish" Sea.

The Queen's Highway would run from KingsTown (the former Dun Laoghaire) to Holyhead dry shod.

That would set the Fenians back!

BB&GG

The EU is falling apart, the Germans are hellbent on destroying Ireland, We must not let the Continentals impose a hard border on the Irish, Ireland can only survive by re-joining the UK etc.

Wake up you fools!

Twitter
    @

Wake up you fools!
    With regular gulps of PG Chimps Tea, mouthfuls of Bourneville Dark Chocolate and snorting a few lines of Robinson's Lemon Barley powder, I stay woke, Jams.

BB&GG

The UK should ban imports of French wines and cheeses and German cars. That would bring them to their senses pretty quickly. The French and Germans know that the British market is the most important in the world, and that losing access to this market would destroy their industries. The EU is falling apart but we should do what we can to hasten its demise.

Time to get tough. No deal is better than a bad deal. I'm backing Britain and Going Global.

Ireland and it's politicians should be backing Britain (at least in a typical cute whore kind of way) on Brexit - why? - because they are our best market, and we should guard our interests with both markets (British & the EU).

Have no doubt about it, once Britain leave, other EU countries will twitch and gradually follow their lead (like cows in a field)

The EU experiment and it's love affair with big business at the expense of society and country cultures has caused disruption and dissent throughout Europe.

Ireland instead should be running with Britain - out of the EU.

BB&GG
    With regular gulps of PG Chimps Tea, mouthfuls of Bourneville Dark Chocolate and snorting a few lines of Robinson's Lemon Barley powder, I stay woke, Jams.

BB&GG
    This is like being stuck in a room with David Davis, Boris Johnson and Liam Fox.

I have to say however that time spent with my Irish friends is much better than being stuck in a room with Michel Barnier.
    Last edited by jams odonnell; 12th August 2017 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKTOBASICS View Post
    Ireland and it's politicians should be backing Britain (at least in a typical cute whore kind of way) on Brexit - why? - because they are our best market, and we should guard our interests with both markets (British & the EU).

Have no doubt about it, once Britain leave, other EU countries will twitch and gradually follow their lead (like cows in a field)

The EU experiment and it's love affair with big business at the expense of society and country cultures has caused disruption and dissent throughout Europe.

Ireland instead should be running with Britain - out of the EU.
    Agreed. Focusing on the UK market would allow the Irish to play to their strengths by returning to what they do best: construction and agriculture. Although the Irish are materially richer (on paper) since joining the EU, most Irish people will admit that they were much happier in the 1950s.

As you so rightly say, once other EU countries see Brexit flourishing as the roaring success it is destined to be, the EU will collapse.
    Last edited by jams odonnell; 12th August 2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    But you British drive on the left.
    If Britain leaves, and comes crawling back, the EU should make driving on the right a condition of re-entry. We Irish would have to follow suit, at our cost, but the humiliation of the Conservatives would be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    If Britain leaves, and comes crawling back, the EU should make driving on the right a condition of re-entry. We Irish would have to follow suit, at our cost, but the humiliation of the Conservatives would be worth it
    Britain will not be crawling anywhere. Once Brexit emerges as the splendid success it is destined to be you can rest assured that the Continentals will finally see sense and start driving on the left.
    Last edited by jams odonnell; 12th August 2017 at 08:37 PM.

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment